Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How did you get into electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so what happened? Did your brother go to Munich, or is he slinging sliders at a local burger joint? Did you finish college, and what became of you?
It is like your tore out the last page of the book... :)

Yeah, you left us hanging. I was expecting a twist ending like "he arrived in Munich just as the Olympic games had started. Little did he know, the bus driver was a member of Black September. As the bus roared past it's appointed stop, and the shooting began, my brother must have realized something had gone terribly, terribly wrong..."

He was scouting offices to rent in Germany three weeks later.

I think that kind of hints that he may have ended up in Germany

I alwaysed blamed the welding machine of my dad but that whas not realy the case......started to try make something from junkyard stuf which failed in the begining always.........
Robert-Jan
Yeah, I remember reading stories about you in the news. In fact, I managed to dig up some archived photos of you and your set-up!:eek::eek:

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

It started with me when I poked a screw driver into a lamp socket. The fireball was incredible. I haven't stopped poking screwdrivers into electrical gizmos since.

It started with me when I poked a screw driver into a lamp socket. The fireball was incredible. I haven't stopped poking screwdrivers into electrical gizmos since.

Poked a hair-grip into a 240VAC outlet at the age of two....many moons ago...and was flung across the room. :eek:

Without any apparent ill-effects...if parents can be believed. :D

Jeez, I was trying to impress people with the fact that software is the bigger draw for employers.
Yeah, you left us hanging. I was expecting a twist ending like "he arrived in Munich just as the Olympic games had started. Little did he know, the bus driver was a member of Black September. As the bus roared past it's appointed stop, and the shooting began, my brother must have realized something had gone terribly, terribly wrong..."
/QUOTE
He's still in Germany to this day, writing UNIX and LINUX code and drivers. The "terribly, terribly wrong..." part was his investments. Now he drains his accounts trying to pay the insurance and taxes on two apartments that can't be rented for full price. After five years, and two ditz lawyers, of dealing with this and taking it in the ear, he hired a competent lawyer to stick it to the banks. He managed to unload one apartment so far. In fact we sold the house here in the states to give him desperately needed operating capital. The last mortgage payment would have been last August. Such is life.
END PATHOS.
Since you asked, I lead an idyllic life, wallowing in the filthy lucre realized from the house sale. (NOT) I live in a 20 by 50 aluminum box laughingly refered to as a 'mobile home' (TRUE). I drive to and from work in a flashy red Mercedez Benz two-seater with the top down. (TRUE, but, Oy!, you should see the cost of repairs on this thing!) I am the Production Coordinator in a small outfit in Berkeley, CA. (Don't ask) I come in late, I do the work I love, and go home to a house loaded with electronic goodies and toys. Why, yes, I am living a rather mellow existence, thank you.

I do so love the sound of my own typing...
kenjj

Poked a hair-grip into a 240VAC outlet at the age of two....many moons ago...and was flung across the room. :eek:

Without any apparent ill-effects...if parents can be believed. :D

Your parents must have been so proud. Most kids start out at a much lower voltage.

Last edited:
Your parents must have been so proud. Most kids start out at a much lower voltage.

My first aledged dealings with electricity where when I tried tarzan on a wall lamp over my parents bed and blew the main fuse, luckily some idiot had put a bigger fuse in the house than the one in the electric boards box outside so my dad didn't have to pay for the callout on a sunday as it was their fault. the disconected wires for that lamp are still there but the lamp was quikly removed. When i was about 8 I started getting interested in all the bits my dad was repairing or salvaging parts from and started to play around. got a 200 in 1 project kit and then started raiding TV's for bits as I was living in italy and had trouble getting parts. I did a so called technical school in italy for electronics which basically was a get graded for turning up to electronics class, I endded up teaching myself what i do know. sadly my advances have come to an end at the brick wall of microcontrollers, I was never any good with programming. maybe will be someday.

Well when i was 8-9 i started tearing apart my toys, if they where broken i tryed fixing them(almost always a loose wire), but my mom didnt let me solder at that age -.- so i just used duckt tape..., then i fixed some friends stuff(2 lol) and then i stopped trying to learn more, but now i just want to learn lots of more stuff, and be able to fix everything! and get money :D i bought some kits(stroboscope, motion detector) and they worked on the first try ;)
so now i am waiting to get some more(not easy in this country) and just do 'em lol
I am 16 and entered science and technology course at school, but guess what, there is no technology... -.- just science lol

wow!

:) 大家好

If talk about how i get into electronics,
I don't know how to say it because i'm poor in english ...
:(

but i like this page ,i'll often come here.

PS:

中国是个好地方!

:) 大家好

If talk about how i get into electronics,
I don't know how to say it because i'm poor in english ...
:(

but i like this page ,i'll often come here.

PS:

中国是个好地方!

All I can say in Chinese is nee how and shei shei :) I spent 3 months in China, I thought it was a great country. Hope to go back someday.

Let's see now... a box only counts as three strokes, so with the one down the middle that first one is a four-stroke symbol, so on the four-stroke symbol table... uhh...

Hey! the Chinese are good peeps. I really thought they were so refreshing compared to US folk (Notice play on acronym). Quite a nice bunch, and most are more open to accept us than we are they...:)

ha!
that's right!
nee how and shei shei
:)

Your language is very difficult for me. So many pronunciations for just one vowel. Is it like 5 sounds per vowel? Each sound has new meaning?

I always ended up saying something stupid when I tried to speak Chinese :)

I had a Taxi driver going all over town trying to find my hotel until I said sheliton (Sheraton)...

Last edited:
Your language is very difficult for me. So many pronunciations for just one vowel. Is it like 5 sounds per vowel? Each sound has new meaning?

I always ended up saying something stupid when I tried to speak Chinese :)

I had a Taxi driver going all over town trying to find my hotel until I said sheliton (Sheraton)...

yeah ,i think chinese pronunciations is much different from english ,
er... sorry i don't know what is "per vowel" .

Always each chinese words have pinyin and 4 tone.
"pinyin" is just like english Phonetic transcription,let people know how to pronunciations.

like "xiexie" if you speak it with english pronunciations we will feel very strange.. :p

We always speak "xiexie" with 4th tone.
Chinese maybe is hard for Foreigners,but i think engilsh is very hard to me! :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not very like my english teacher,she's classes is very boring!:(

So i'm very worried about my english exam...

I must eat dinner now ...
bye.

Zai Jian :)

I'm back

:)

Do you know today is China Spring Festival!It's the most important Festival in China !

It means that a new year is coming!

Happy new year ! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back