Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how could i make a knight rider surveillance led circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok

writing software? boooooo thats no fun

eh it was worth a shot. i cant do software. just take parts and use a schematic

o well thanks guys

hey guys here is a youtube example for the circuit i would like to build

i was wondering if you guys can chime in and help me out as far as a schematic and part numbers/values.

i looked on here for a while and so much comes up in the search engine but doesnt deal with this curcuit.

YouTube - surveillance Mode Unit by www.trabi77.de

hi,
If you cannot program and alternative would be to use a LM3914 ic and a triangular wave generator.:)

ok now we're getting somewhere

ok so we have a ic chip with a number ok.

i can find the leds used in the youtube video

now just gota collaberate on a schematic.

and what kind of mini speaker should be used? just your garden variety radio shack kit speaker/buzzer?

You will need to design a circuit to make a triangle wave then design another circuit with the LM3914 IC.
To make the sound you will need a beeper and design a circuit to drive it.

and what kind of mini speaker should be used? just your garden variety radio shack kit speaker/buzzer?

hi,
This circuit will give a triangular wave, set the LM3914 to operate from approx +3.3V to +7V on its input [offset the operating point].

The 1meg pot will give a rough control over the frequency.

Attachments

• kitt1.asc
    2.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Kitt1.gif
    Kitt1.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 859
What kinda LEDs are those??custom made LEDs??

It is called an X segment LED array.

In the video the person used an green 8 segment LED array and a red 4 segment one.

Digikey have them.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back