Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How are you managing with the Covid-19 pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met an elderly nun who had previously worked as a social worker wearing my this shirt. She was a member of a very hands-on order that mainly operated out of hospitals and provided community support. With that history, it goes without saying that she had seen a lot of people at their worst. "Everyone is only three bad decisions away from sleeping under a tree," she said.

Too often, stability and protection are taken for granted.

Last edited:
Had my jab 10 days ago and only side effect appears to be tiredness. I (still) seem to need about 12 hours a night.

Mike.

I just got my first jab. I am 20yr.
Pfizer <3
My arm starts to hurt.

Last edited:
I've had to work since the middle of last year, in schools. I'm in Florida, USA and no one here believes the virus is real, it's just a political agenda. Masks are usually worn by people here in a way that only keeps your chin warm...if at all. I had a small stash of N95's I've had to keep recycling with a homemade sterilizer. Otherwise, I have been isolating myself as much as possible, but recently received my second Pfizer shot... so I guess I can venture out a little now. The first shot gave me a sore arm for a day, the second....nothing.

My oldest son is a grocery store manager. The past year of watching him go to work was pretty painful. He's been fortunate to have only a few of his employees get Covid and to have avoided it altogether himself. He got his first shot a week ago and will get his second in a couple of weeks. Only then will I breath a sigh of relief.

I just got my first jab. I am 20yr.
Pfizer <3
My arm starts to hurt.

I had the AZ one, second is due in may - I had no ill effects at all - I couldn't even find a sore spot on my arm where the injection went in. I did wonder if it's because she was extra careful, as I'm on anti-clotting medication? - something they repeatedly ask you about.

I do know a number of people who have had fairly serious side effects, and this seems to be mostly people who already have anti-bodies - so is perhaps a good sign. Large lumps around the injection site are one common side effect of this.

I do know a number of people who have had fairly serious side effects, and this seems to be mostly people who already have anti-bodies - so is perhaps a good sign.
I don't think I have antibodies. I've been in my room for about a year. Between four walls. But my mother is a nurse, so maybe she transferred something to me.

I don't think I have antibodies. I've been in my room for about a year. Between four walls. But my mother is a nurse, so maybe she transferred something to me.

A friend of my wife recently had the first jab, and was quite ill, with a massive lump on her arm which seemed to travel about quite a bit, and various other effects. But while she'd never had any Covid symptoms she was called for a random antibody test a couple of months ago - this proved that she already had antibodies, even though she had never had any Covid symptoms. But they both work in school, and there have been various outbreaks and closed year groups there - with no PPE provided, and little protection.

If you're in the US and fully vaccinated the pandemic is effectively over.

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People

• Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

If you're in the US and fully vaccinated the pandemic is effectively over.

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People

I think that will not work. I a got today second jab of pfizer. I will be glad if wearing mask will stay forever at some places(at ambulance / doctor for instance)

I think that will not work. I a got today second jab of pfizer. I will be glad if wearing mask will stay forever at some places(at ambulance / doctor for instance)

At this point I'm tired of catering to those that don't get vaccinated when it's a easy and available option. If 1/4 the population don't want it, then they should bear the consequences of their actions while 3/4 live 'normal' pre-pandemic lives.

If 1/4 the population don't want it, then they should bear the consequences of their actions while 3/4 live 'normal' pre-pandemic lives.

The only problem is those that don't get vaccinated are a science experiment for the virus. We don't yet know how much more dangerous the possible mutations can get. Just get the jab!!!

The only problem is those that don't get vaccinated are a science experiment for the virus. We don't yet know how much more dangerous the possible mutations can get. Just get the jab!!!

It's a risk the CDC as taken into consideration with the latest fully vaccinated recommendations. Mutations are easily handled at this point in the USA VAX phase with even Florida cases falling in the presence of several mutations. There is little evidence CV will mutate much beyond the severity of what we see in India and those variants are neutralized by most of the second tier vaccines.

imrs.jpeg

The masks are falling down.

Washington state lifting mask mandate for fully vaccinated people
People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will no longer need to wear a mask in most indoor and outdoor settings, Gov. Jay Inslee said Thursday.

Mask requirement lifted for fully vaccinated Oregonians in most ‘public settings,’ governor says

Fully vaccinated Oregonians can ditch their face masks in most public settings, Gov. Kate Brown announced Thursday, aligning the state with new federal guidance on the ubiquitous mainstays of pandemic life.

Last edited:
Why would you want to keep masks when they're no longer necessary?
Mike.
I dont think they are no longer necessary, because of mutation. Vaccinated dont means you cant spread the virus.
Also if person decide to get vaccinated in US, how long it takes after registration to get vaccine?
In CZ i waited 3 weeks. And i got jab only because i stick my head in operator ass. =)
But i live in village. Those who live ( i mean who register at prague hospital for vaccine) in Prague can get vaccinated probably even same day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back