Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How are you managing with the Covid-19 pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual you think you know it all. Did you even read the link you gave? It did jump species.

Yes it did jump (zoonotic spillover, remember that link I posted ;) ), never said it didn't and everyone it seems but you was not surprised due to past experience with SARS and a host of other human virus origins. I don't know it all, it only seems that way to a person that knows very little.

Last edited:
The interesting thing about the Spanish flu is that it's pretty much disappeared. Actually, it hasn't, it's no longer novel and the people around today have built up immunity to it. Same will eventually happen with Covid and life will return to normal. I find it incredible that the only defense we have today against a novel virus is exactly the same as they had 100 years ago - wash hands and social distance.

Mike.

The interesting thing about the Spanish flu is that it's pretty much disappeared. Actually, it hasn't, it's no longer novel and the people around today have built up immunity to it. Same will eventually happen with Covid and life will return to normal. I find it incredible that the only defense we have today against a novel virus is exactly the same as they had 100 years ago - wash hands and social distance.

Mike.

I also find incredible is that one of the countermeasures was to shut down the outdoors. They even closed fishing, hunting and boating here for a while. Completely stupid.

The outdoors, exercise, sunshine, and fresh air are all good for people’s immune systems and health, and not so great for viruses. There is a compelling link between exercise and a strong immune system. A lack of vitamin D, which our bodies synthesize when our skin is exposed to the sun, has long been associated with increased susceptibility to respiratory diseases. The outdoors and sunshine are such strong factors in fighting viral infections that a 2009 study of the extraordinary success of outdoor hospitals during the 1918 influenza epidemic suggested that during the next pandemic (I guess this one!) we should encourage “the public to spend as much time outdoors as possible,” as a public-health measure.

I don't know it all, it only seems that way to a person that knows very little.

Or one that only picks one part of my original post. You claimed and I refuted that the mutations won't be any worse than what is happening in India. You don't know that, neither do I. But when they started researching this virus in bats they didn't think it would cross to humans.

But then again I haven't been in as many fields of expertise as you in as short a life. As many things you claim to have done you should be over 100 years old or more. Swift boat member, naval spy member, posted to Gonzo, ocean going ship builder, and that's just a few of your careers.

Or one that only picks one part of my original post. You claimed and I refuted that the mutations won't be any worse than what is happening in India. You don't know that, neither do I. But when they started researching this virus in bats they didn't think it would cross to humans.

But then again I haven't been in as many fields of expertise as you in as short a life. As many things you claim to have done you should be over 100 years old or more. Swift boat member, naval spy member, posted to Gonzo, ocean going ship builder, and that's just a few of your careers.

Please, you haven't refuted the current scientific knowledge of future possible countermeasures that prompted the CDC to issue the current no masking recommendations with a full understating of possible mutation effects on that decision from India spreading worldwide.

Thanks for the envy, always appreciated. ;)
6591591537_6805ae8bfc_e.jpg
I've just been lucky in life (born in the 50's) to have worked hard, studied hard and partied hard. The lucky few of use born with engineering brains can adsorb knowledge and use it mentally in ways that some people will never understand. For some it would sadly take 100 years but for others it's a stroll in the park in this short life.

Enjoy yours.

Last edited:
12 hours out. Jab #2 Pfizer. Doing much better. Too some stuff the day of and the day after. Vitamin B6, B11, B1 by injection. 2mg folic acid and 5000 IU of Vitamin D. Mild issues. Slight headache, but I get them anyway. A small amout of vision disturbance, Increased muscle aches in my legs. They haven;t gone away from the first jab. Damaged body parts enhanced a little.

Jab#1 side effects: Wanted to sleep, sleep and sleep. Muscle aches - continuing, ongoing. Nerves on fire. Damaged parts of the body enhanced a lot.

12 hours out. Jab #2 Pfizer. Doing much better. Too some stuff the day of and the day after. Vitamin B6, B11, B1 by injection. 2mg folic acid and 5000 IU of Vitamin D. Mild issues. Slight headache, but I get them anyway. A small amout of vision disturbance, Increased muscle aches in my legs. They haven;t gone away from the first jab. Damaged body parts enhanced a little.

Jab#1 side effects: Wanted to sleep, sleep and sleep. Muscle aches - continuing, ongoing. Nerves on fire. Damaged parts of the body enhanced a lot.

Worth the pain IMO. I'm fully vaccinated.
My 15 y.o. kid was getting her Brown belt today with her first shot scheduled for next week . It's nice to be maskless in public again without getting strange looks if you get near other vax'ed people.

**broken link removed**

‘Covid Zero’ Havens Find Reopening Harder Than Taming Virus

nsaspook I take B6, B2 by injection because I get diarrhea and floresent yellow poop if I take it orally. The proportions of B6, B12 and Folic acid is found on the web for migraine prevention.

Wikipedia
The enzymes transketolase, pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (OGDH) are all important in carbohydrate metabolism. The cytosolic enzyme transketolase is a key player in the pentose phosphate pathway, a major route for the biosynthesis of the pentose sugars deoxyribose and ribose. The mitochondrial PDH and OGDH are part of biochemical pathways that result in the generation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is a major form of energy for the cell. PDH links glycolysis to the citric acid cycle, while the reaction catalyzed by OGDH is a rate-limiting step in the citric acid cycle. In the nervous system, PDH is also involved in the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter, and for myelin synthesis.[44]

I think it makes sense to give the body a bit of help. The vaccine targets the nerves, that's for sure.

Looks like B1 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9497969/ really helps the immune response. My legs are feeling a lot better.

nsaspook I take B6, B2 by injection because I get diarrhea and floresent yellow poop if I take it orally. The proportions of B6, B12 and Folic acid is found on the web for migraine prevention.

I think it makes sense to give the body a bit of help. The vaccine targets the nerves, that's for sure.

Looks like B1 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9497969/ really helps the immune response. My legs are feeling a lot better.

I wish you the best. I've hand nothing but positive responses to the vaccine. I'm not kidding when I say the vaccine seems to have helped with my pollen allergy (watery eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion). It seems to have improved my pollen viral response by a noticeable amount.

How about the contest at a local watering hole. Eating the grossest thing. What won is ketchup and cigarette ashes.

And then there is the guy at work that needed to haul a canoe, so he got a drill and drilled 4 holes in the roof and attached a few 2x4's and some threaded rod to make a car carrier.

One work mate that would drive on the interstate at 100 MPH said he was afraid to ride with me locally because I took corners too fast. I said, don't worry, I have tread on the side walls. The tires were Pirelli P4000's. really nice tires.

then there was this engineering student that whe walking home near where we worked, where there was about 500' feet of woods on both sides of the road and sidewalks. I asked why he walked in the middle of the road. He was from Brooklyn NY and he was afraid of what animals might be hiding in the woods.

Kinda like me walking in Brooklyn. A road trip to canal Street with some friends was fun. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canal_Street_(Manhattan)

This https://www.granddukesrestaurant.com/appetizers-1 place has pickled pig ears on the menu.

This https://www.coopers-seafood.com/ was a fun place with alligator soup on the menu. About 15 miles from the house, I haven't tried Australian Bison burgers yet,

or how about the story where thieves stole an entire boat at a Sears Department store. Security nabbed them when they came back for the paddles.

A few girls decided to put a padlock on my locker in high school. Our lockers had built in combination locks. I fabricated a key in the machine shop and put the lock on their locker. Unbeknownst to me, they put the key to the lock inside their locker. Oops!

The best ever joke pulled on me was a "just married" sign placed on my car during a prom. I had no idea why cars were honking at us.

I went to a party in high school and guess where my class mate put his 10' Boa constrictor? In the bathroom around the mirror above the sink. The toilet was, of course, to the right of the mirror. I didn't freak out.

And then there is the guy at work that needed to haul a canoe, so he got a drill and drilled 4 holes in the roof and attached a few 2x4's and some threaded rod to make a car carrier.

I went to the local wood yard to get some wood, while I was there two young guys bought an 8x4 sheet of chipboard/MDF and just sat it on the roof of their really nice BMW. No roof rack or anything, straight on the paint. They then wound the windows down and wrapped a rope through the windows and over the sheet.

I made sure I wasn't following them, and that I wasn't even going that way :D

Also pfizer.
Second day i got headache, my limbs ached and most of all a felt like drunk.
From the third day I feel like before

Second day i got headache, my limbs ached and most of all a felt like drunk.
From the third day I feel like before

2nd day; evening - cervical spine hurting. I have an injury there. Thigh muscles reduced hurting. Injection site slightly swollen. That was injection technique and i told the nurse about it. You want jab quick, but plunge slowly. Every once in a while you get a dull needle. She said the bigger the needle, the more it hurts. The needle was 22 AWG and 1" long which isn't a bad size. I jab myself 5x a day with a 32 AWG 8mm Long needle and 3x a day with a lancet. The lancets are so fine, I don't have marks on my fingertips. Now B6. B12, B1 and folic acid in the morning. See what happens.

I wish you the best. I've hand nothing but positive responses to the vaccine. I'm not kidding when I say the vaccine seems to have helped with my pollen allergy (watery eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion). It seems to have improved my pollen viral response by a noticeable amount.

Probably wearing the masks has made everyone's pollen allergies better. At least that's what my allergist said.

I didn't like being exposed to second-hand smoke from people in line outside at the grocery store.

My doc (allergist) seems to be clueless as to how the allergy shots work. He says get them when yu have symptoms. I say get them as many times as you can when there are NO symptoms. I say check your state (the guy retired) or pollen.com (sucks) for allergy information on days you have symptoms. Write the allergens down.

When you get a shot, you should get some symptoms like tired or runny nose. If you consistently don't ask doc to increase the strength of the allergens you wrote down.

I knocked ragweed from the highest response to zero doing that. I haven't had a shot since the pandemic and I've been doing good. I suspect plantain and definitely molds. Symptoms occur after rain. A prime mold time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back