Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How am I supposed to get a plot from this code on WeSpice(NGspice) engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

There is the code
’npn transistor
vbias 3 0 dc 5v
vs 1 0 dc 0v
rb 1 2 20k
rc 3 4 2k
q 4 2 0 mynpn
.model mynpn npn (BF=175 IS=1e-17 VA=75 BR=2)
.dc vs 0 5 0.5
.plot dc v(3) -i(vbias)
.end ’
But the output is showing a negative going down. How to get the graph of the plot with this app called WeSpice?
[enter image description here](https://i.stack.imgur.com/KgLEe.png)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180217-012018.png
    Screenshot_20180217-012018.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 240
As stated many times. None of us use WeSpice. After seeing you struggle with WeSpice none of us will try that program.
If you asked the question about LTSpice then 30 people will answer. LT Spice = free.
There are experts on Spice here that use several types of spice.

40 years ago I used some programs that were not good. In those days:
".plot dc v(3) -i(vbias)" would plot negative. Try ".plot dc v(3) i(vbias)" or .plot dc v(3) +i(vbias)
In many old spice programs a (-) ahead a net name caused the plot to be inverted.

As stated many times. None of us use WeSpice. After seeing you struggle with WeSpice none of us will try that program.
If you asked the question about LTSpice then 30 people will answer. LT Spice = free.
There are experts on Spice here that use several types of spice.

40 years ago I used some programs that were not good. In those days:
".plot dc v(3) -i(vbias)" would plot negative. Try ".plot dc v(3) i(vbias)" or .plot dc v(3) +i(vbias)
In many old spice programs a (-) ahead a net name caused the plot to be inverted.
I think I found the problem. I was not using the .control and run command. Now it is ckear that why it was not working. But there is another problem now. Take a look at the screenshot,please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-003200.png
    Screenshot_20180218-003200.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back