Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

homemade DVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab2508

I have to build a homemade DVM using plyboard, & light bulbs to make 2 seven seg. displays separated by a decimal point. Then it has to be interfaced with a PLC so that when the leads are placed across some source, it lights up. Just don't know how to begin. Any info would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

Sounds like an episode of McGuyver =\

Oh I'm not making fun of him, but neither can I help. Something like this the first thing I would do is throw a micro controller at it and I don't see that on his list of materials =)

I don't understand the request either. DVM = Digital Voltmeter I assume?

Do you have to make your own seven segment displays with lightbulbs? I don't quite understand that part. Can you use a micro controller to make the DVM?

Does the PLC come in after the voltmeter circuit is working?

I think he wants to use the A/D port on a PLC to monitor voltage and program is to control an array of light bulbs arranged as a seven segment display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back