Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hobbyist Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2c

Hello, sorry if it had been asked before. I am looking for a portable little scope but with a screen readable without magnifying glasses. Was thinking if 4" minimum with min analog bw in the order of 1MHz, 2 chans. Any recommendations for a reliable solution?
Thanks in advance for your time

The little Velleman ones are OK for a convenient tool for portable use.

eg. https://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=431482&country=be&lang=en
Only single channel but not too bad.

I have the original Velleman one in my kit still, it's fine for quick tests on low frequency gear like machine servo drives.

Beyond that, either the Agilent / Tektronix clones on ebay or the PC or chinese mini scopes.
You can get a good two channel bench scope in the same style as the big name ones for 150-

There is also an actual Tektronix on for a reasonable price at present:
**broken link removed**

Or this? Looks like it takes non-standard leads, no idea on the quality..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DS203-Po...scope-USB-Interface-8MHz-72MSa-s/253066189280

They do look nice!

My velleman has been looking a bit tired with cracks in the plastic over the screen, since someone managed to drop a tool on it off the top of a machine a few years ago.

Those are smaller and neater, small enough to keep in a toolbox rather than a separate case.

Yes, i definitely prefer a self contained scope

the tek with duty and shipping is much too expensive and honestly i dont take this maker for a rols royce as far as reliability. As for the ds203 it would be fabricated by sainsmart as the ds212. I think I'll go for the ds212 which has only two Chans but is cheaper. ill report here once i have it and meanwhile thank you all for bothering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back