Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage Low Frequency AC Output from Solar Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoninmcd

Hi there!
I'm looking for some help.
I have 8 solar cells .5V,.125A each (not yet connected) and I wish to convert the total output produced from DC to a (1)high voltage, (2)sine wave, (3) low frequency (4) voltage source output.

If I understand correctly, solar cells are current sources, and think I need them to be converted to a voltage source.
It was mentioned that I would need some sort of op-amp, but I am unfamiliar with these..
Ideally it would be upwards of 150-250Volts with amperage not being important and frequency pretty low, between 0.5-3 Hz.

Thanks!
-Tom

4V at 1/8A is only 0.5W, not very much power. This will only happen on the sunniest day with the cells freshly cleaned, while optimally oriented at 90 degrees to the sun.

This would not even run the h.v. electroflash power supply in a disposable camera.

I am curious what you want 0.5-3 Hz AC for?

If you want a voltage source you need to have a battery in the system to take up the slack during illumination variances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back