Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High voltage diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephfromItaly

:) Hi
please I have a problem with my D83 Telequipment oscope, the brightness changes itself like turning the knob fastly up and down, I suspect the HV rectifier diodes (6Kv 10 mA), the telequip. (Tek) part no is:152-0515-00.
does someone knows a equivalent diode to replace them? or where to buy them?
thanks Giuseppe.

Hi Nigel,
thanks for replying,
changes only the trace brightness, and the cathode voltage (from the schematic) should be 2.5 Kv but is nearly 3 Kv! (2850 Volts) even with the R301 (used to set cathode voltage) fully turned. Unfortunately this HV is obtained from a class C oscillator working at 28 khz, an oscillating transistor TR304 (2N5191) on a trasformer T301.
can I insert a image here? how?

Hi
why not suspect some capacitor (filter type decoupling to ground )misbeheviour befor landing on HV diode

Hi Sarma,
yes I'm checking these HV capacitors (that have 3000V insulation) I hope to find one bad! but the cathode voltage is higher than what should be!! I think if a filter cap is leaky the voltage will be lower...
bye Giuseppe

If it's higher then it's probably because the load isn't connected. The cathode might be bad but I hope not.

Hi friends,
finally I fixed it! now the cathode voltage is settable to -2.5 Kv and almost all voltages on the schematic are right! the problem was a 6.8 Mohm fixed resistor gone (open), it is on the feedback network from 2.5 Kv to the amlpifier that drives the oscillator power transistor. this resistor works with 366Vdc on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back