Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High efficiency DC-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

karas

need to figure what is the best time scheme I can use it for this circuit to achieve high efficiency (soft switching)
This bidirectional DC-DC vin 60vdc and vout=600VDC Po=6Kw, so is there is any suggestion and also I need help to simulate it the circuit to figure the efficiency through simulation
upload_2017-1-21_22-45-2.png

Attachments

• H-bridge.asc
    12.8 KB · Views: 259
Welcome to ETO.
high efficiency (soft switching)
If by 'soft switching' you mean the power FETs/IGBTs won't be switched fully on and fully off as quickly as possible, then the FETs will get hot and the circuit will have low efficiency.

"soft switching" usually is about resonant switching. Where the turn on or turn off stress is very low. I have done designs where the FETs are turned on with 0V and 0I and turned off at 0V and full current.

can you please advice how can achieve soft switching, and can you draw the timing if you can please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back