Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with tutorial about radio receiver..thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
A radio receiver is connected to an antenna operating at 2MHz. The antenna is represented by a Thevenin equivalent circuit as shown in the attachment.
i)find the input impedance Rin and jXin of the receiver if maximum power to be transferred from the antenna to receiver.
ii) Find the magnitude of the voltage across the receiver terminals and the average power delivered to the receiver.

Attachments

• q1ct.PNG
    q1ct.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 270
I get the feeling I am doing your homework for you. Try Googling Maximum Power Transfer. That will give you the answer

I'll give you a clue. Picture an Argand diagram where the imaginary component goes up the Y axis and the real component goes along the x axis. Inductors have an impedance of jwL. 'j' is positive, so inductors have a postive imaginary component - UP the y axis. Capacitors have an impedance of 1/(jwC) which when you multiply top and bottom by j you get -j/wC which is a negative imaginary component, so goes DOWN the y axis. You can use inductors to cancel out the effect of capacitors (and the other way round), simply by equating the postive imaginary impedance with the negative imaginary impedance (to get zero imaginary impedance and hence no displacement up or down the imaginary axis). Therefore you are just left with a purely real component. Once you get your head around this, you should be able to answer this question and your other post on real and imaginary power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back