Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with TEA 5591A radio receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chygoz

I'm building a project which involves the above mentioned IC. I have the data sheet but i'm still having some difficulty understanding it. If anyone does understand it, could you explain and possibly give a comprehensive circuit diagram of it. Any help will be appreciated.

This is chip from the 90s for portible radios. It is not made anymore and is not popular with hobbyests. You may what to use a newer chip.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Could you suggest another IC capable of doing the same job and its possible connection?

The Philips TEA5711 AM-FM stereo radio IC and the Sony equivalent IC are also not made any more.

After all it is a one off project for learning. These chips are still sold as spares / salvageable from scrap radios. Perhaps the OP is not asking for industry, but for a practice of making some gadget. Most people make test and leave at that, to gain experience.
Perhaps, no point is asking them to go for latest chips that are more complicated like PLL and I2C control etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back