Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with SwitcherCAD III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceadwian said:
I'm an ltspice folk =) Didn't know it was built with wine in mind.
I don't run Linux, but here's an excerpt from the help file:

Running Under Linux

Do you have a Linux version of this program?
Not a separate edition, but it does run under WINE. The program has been tested on Linux RedHat 8.0 with WINE version 20030219, RedHat 9.0 with WINE 20040716, and SuSE 9.1 with 20040716.
OK, I've never used WINE, how do I install this?
Check with http://www.winehq.com to find the current version of WINE for your system. At the time of this writing, for RedHat 8.0, this pointed to **broken link removed**
Copy the appropriate .rpm file to your machine and open it from nautilus.
Get the file swcadiii.exe from http://www.linear.com/software. In an xterm, execute "wine swcadiii.exe" to install LTspice.
There will now be a Linear Technology Logo on your gnome desktop. Double click it to start or type "wine scad3.exe" from an xterm to start the program.
The schematic fonts don't scale as smoothly under WINE as Windows. Why is that?
WINE is doing the best it can with the fonts it finds. It will do better if you tell it how to find the files arial.ttf and cour.ttf from your Windows system.
The PWL additional point editor doesn't look right under WINE?
Try using the native Windows .dll from your Windows system. The command line to then invoke LTspice from WINE is wine -dll commctrl,comctl32=n scad3.exe.
It seems LTspice is running slightly differently under WINE/Linux than windows. Why is that?
LTspice detects whether or not it's running under WINE. If so, it works around a few WINE issues. You can force LTspice to think it's running under WINE with the command line switch –wine. You can force it to think it's not with the command line switch –nowine in case you're interesting in working on WINE issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back