Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with flat earth facts and English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCM & LG,

You were threadbanned because you would not stop bickering. You just returned and you're already back at it. If you can't stop you will be banned from this thread permanently.

Derstrom8 Lol:D! Just title of thread alone invites and totally guarantees bickering! So I say plz just let boys be boys:cool:!

Derstrom8 Lol:D! Just title of thread alone invites and totally guarantees bickering! So I say plz just let boys be boys:cool:!
This thread invites discussion and even debate, but NOT bickering. Personal attacks (as were prevalent between TCM and LG) have always been, and always will be, not allowed on this site.

This thread invites discussion and even debate, but NOT bickering. Personal attacks (as were prevalent between TCM and LG) have always been, and always will be, not allowed on this site.

Where was I doing any personal attacking/ false claims and accusations about anyone's personal lives here or in any thread? I've been trying to make my stand for live and let live and stick to the known facts and formalities of debate pretty obvious the whole time here.

I make a point to leave my views of others personal lives out of things until well after they have made it clear they either have gross misconceptions mine or an obvious deficiency/agenda that keeping them from seeing and understanding/acknowledging something obvious.

You know full well I often tell people to step back and think and re look at things objectively because they are misinterpreting things to not be what truly they are. Especially so when they start trying to put their words in others mouths to justify something that isn't true or real and I'm the one who's statement is being misrepresented to fit their narrative with it.

If you re read every interaction between us you will see I wasn't the one making unsubstantiated personal accusations and dismisalls whenever my views were proven incomplete or wrong. Nor was I ever dismissing the validity of our collective peer group or the point and value of the thread as well because it wasn't going my way either.

In fact, things were fine up until post 29 where I dumped a load of links to things showing the AGW agenda and its supporters is being torn apart for its own continued failings to stand up to reality.

Beyond that (#35 & 36) is where he started getting dismissive of everything and everyone that went against his views and it just spiraled out from there with me playing defense again his escalating false claims.

So please show me where I ever actually outrightly attacked him personally (defence is not an attack) beyond calling him out on false claims accusations or dismissals of reality against me or something I said.:)

Where was I doing any personal attacking/ false claims and accusations about anyone's personal lives here or in any thread?
TCM, you know as well as I do that you are good at egging people on. You love to taunt them if they say anything against you. Taunting contributes to the bickering, and is just as bad as starting the fight.

Debate? Fine.
Bickering? No.

End of discussion.

[QUOTE="DerStrom8, post: 1323708, member: 155253"

Debate? Fine.
Bickering? No.

End of discussion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point and stand! Stay on topic and stick to the objective facts and observations while staying respectful, formal and impartial or things fall apart and the gainful discussion ends in useless unproductive bickering.

I have never argued for less and never will. ;)

B9720538-C705-40E3-8B73-99AD8F51D4F7.gif
41A61F60-C43F-4F6A-98ED-E2739AAA01E7.jpeg
C0600D1F-28C3-40A7-AFE2-7D69BBBD99BD.jpeg
9DACDA8C-E33F-4F5F-A888-DF5401743AEA.jpeg

Liar! That's North Dakota! I can see a row of our state trees on the left! :p

A few years ago I was driving truck for sugar beet harvest and one of the other drivers had his little dog with. One day it got loose and wouldn't come back. Dang thing ran away. Took 4 days for it get out of view. :facepalm:

Gopher that's cute but distribution of gravitational field wouldn't let experience of pyramidal planet seem that way at all! So o/c you totally know that but maybe some ppl don't:banghead:

Maybe not just gravity but get quantum mechanics involved and try packing four hydrogens around a carbon and wadda ya get? Who knows?

Just a question of how the electron cloud is represented.

CE05672F-A05C-4E25-811F-038159AE1349.gif
1A1B52F6-DD74-4643-A8AC-9B41478F110E.gif

A few years ago I was driving truck for sugar beet harvest and one of the other drivers had his little dog with. One day it got loose and wouldn't come back. Dang thing ran away. Took 4 days for it get out of view. :facepalm:
Tcmtech even on totally flat planet unless rate of relative motion to dog is vry low, at least two things need to be for story 2b true:

1: Ultra lucent air.
2: You have super-human rod and cone cell density (so super hi-res eyes).

So needless to say I'm not much fun to watch Scifi flicks with:oops:;)

Last edited:
Maybe not just gravity but get quantum mechanics involved and try packing four hydrogens around a carbon and wadda ya get? Who knows?

Gophert If methane qualifies as exotic and exciting in your life all I can say is you need to get out more often:confused:!

Gophert If methane qualifies as exotic and exciting in your life all I can say is you need to get out more often:confused:!

Did I say "exotic"? I don't normally disclose too much about my personal life. I must have had too many Rum-and-cokes on the boat tour. I'm visiting an exotic island inspecting hurricane damage. Tomorrow I am going to do what I can to prevent beach erosion.

I was taking my time placing an order so the waiter said all the cool kids at the next table are drinking "Tom Colins". I suddenly felt old but superior.

one of the other drivers had his little dog with. One day it got loose and wouldn't come back. Dang thing ran away.
Probably because he told it: "We are not in Kansas any more Toto"

JimB

Tcmtech even on totally flat planet unless rate of relative motion to dog is vry low, at least two things need to be for story 2b true:

1: Ultra lucent air.
2: You have super-human rod and cone cell density (so super hi-res eyes).

So needless to say I'm not much fun to watch Scifi flicks with:oops:;)

You must be 'hillfolk' to not get us flatlanders 'the dog took 4 days to run away' jokes! :p

I think its an age thing. As I get older dull and boring is becoming increasingly appealing.

Years ago I would talk to my friends for a hour or more at least once a just to week to catch up on everything we did. Now it takes 3 months to get 15 minutes worth of new happening worth talking about logged in and we like it that way. ;)

This thread invites discussion and even debate, but NOT bickering.
DerStrom8 I'm not trying 2b thorn in your side but I say bickering is totally anticipatable collateral effect of debate!
Now that's not to say you shouldn't try to stop it to prevent hard feelings, but to suggest anything can invite latter w/o the former is just delusional:rolleyes:

but NOT bickering. Personal attacks // have always been, and always will be, not allowed on this site.

Derstrom8 that's policy (so enforcement) decision (which, btw I agree with) which is totally different from declaration of cause and effect:confused: So anyhow it looks like we agree on important point abt prohibition of bickering:)!

DerStrom8 I'm not trying 2b thorn in your side but I say bickering is totally anticipatable collateral effect of debate!
Now that's not to say you shouldn't try to stop it to prevent hard feelings, but to suggest anything can invite latter w/o the former is just delusional:rolleyes:

To me it's quite literally subjective as in subject specific. Hashing out a legitimate disagreement over a term or event or understanding is healthy. It's the putting words in someone else's mouth then claiming they said something they did not well after the reality that disproves them has been explained in detail that I don't care for. Same with dismissing somethings validity simply because you can't give a solid counter proof against it or making up wild false claims about what sort of person they are or what sort of life they live.

If someone makes a claim that somebody else said something then they should be able and willing to back it up with proof and if they don't have proof they need to drop it. There's a reason that when I want to make a big enough technical point I will carpet bomb someone with links to as many independent sources of data or whatever as I can rather than just get all petty and start personally attacking them over my wild baseless imaginations of what sort of person or qualifications or lifestyle they have. Who they are as human being is irrelevant to the topics technical facts. ;)

Either your facts support themselves or they don't. What someone's life is like, real or absurdly imagined by someone else, is irrelevant to the validity of those facts and the weight they carry in the debate.

Its also why I will never go against the view of ending irrelevant personal attack based bickering. I don't make personal attacks as a way to derail a topic I am losing but I won't lay down and take them passively either as a way to derail things. :)

That's North Dakota!
Bales.jpg

I have spent most of my life in the following map:
Alberta, Saskatchewan
.................North Dakota
Wyoming, South Dakota
..................Nebraska
Colorado, Kansas
This picture really feels like home and could be in any of these places. This picture is actually ND.
I have a friend from NW Russia. I sent him on a long trip. He drove from Edmond Alberta East into Saskatchewan. He called and said "we are home". He went into a restaurant and ordered food in Ukrainian. He heard Polish and Russian on the streets. "Wheat, Cows, good people, much sky"
------------
I am looking for a 360 degree view of land like this. (any where very flat)
I was reading several very old writings that described the universe (world) as circle, flat, with a dome sky that sits on the ground. Part of the trouble is that every word has multiple meanings and I am not good with old languages. (not good with English either) About where KS, CO and NE joins, I stopped the car and stood looking at (see above picture). Flat in all directions. No trees. You can see 45 miles in all directions. You are at the center of the world. (flat circle) The sky looks like a "snow globe". The sky is very much a dome and you are at the very center of it to. The edges of the sky touch the ground in a circle all around you. I hear you see the same thing on the ocean.

one thing has always puzzled me about the flat earth theory in this internet age.... how do they explain live camera feeds being night in some countries, and daylight in others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back