Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with designs of lithium titanate battery charger. Max17703

Status
Not open for further replies.

nico05

Hi, so i'm designing a charger for lithium titanate bank, i have to give 8.4v(3 battery parallel banks in series, using 2.8 for charging each bank, 5x3).
So i'm calculating the resistors, caps, etc and in the max17703 data sheet (https://www.mouser.cl/ProductDetail...EpiMZZMutXGli8Ay4kK6SD7YYu%2BTeL%2BOHn4Bp3tE=) at the part that they calculate the charging current they have this formula:
1654532623786.png

in the typical application circuit, we have this:
1654532708369.png

and hence the problem. It's says 4.2v/10A, but when i do the calculus, i got for Ichg = 1.04A. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, dont' understand something from datasheet or the datasheet is wrong.

I'm afraid if i have this calculus wrong, the one i use for my needed voltage would be wrong.

Rs is 0.005 ohms, Vout_ss is 4.2v, Vfb_reg is 1.25v, Rbot(R2) is 17.8 kilo ohms, Rtop(R1) is 42.2 kilo ohms, and Gv is 1.3

if some1 could help me i would apreciate it.

Since the 5 milli-ohm resistor develops the current sense voltage you just need to know what input this voltage feeds. If it is the b-e junction of a bjt then 10A would produce 0.5V and this will determine the onset of current limiting - 0.6V nominally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back