Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with College electronics proj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zemloh

Ok I am a newb in all this circuitry lingo so help me out. My prof. each gave us a cell phone in which he instructed us to be able to call the phone and be able to start a 7-12v motor. ( I know crazy project. ) well I removed the speaker and checked the output voltage with my multimeter and i'm only getting 00.6 mv from the speaker phone leads now my idea is to hook up a thyristor from the leads the spec. thyristor is model# 2N6400G just follow link

ON SEMICONDUCTOR|2N6400G|SCR Thyristor | Newark Canada

heres the pdf link on the specs: https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/2N6400-D.PDF

Is .6 mv's enough to open the gate to power the 9v battery I have connected on the anode or cathode ( which one I dont know. I have no clue how to hook up a thyristor in the first place.) My question is...is their an easier way to do this? Is a thyristor a good choice? I need the gate to open letting the 9v send constant current to the motor, Im running out of time on this project and I need major help!:confused: so pllllleeeeasse any suggestions? thoughts? Concerns? The specs on the thyristor is in pdf. form in the link I posted please help tell me what my minimum volts I need to open the gate! Thanks guys :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back