Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with 2nd grade science project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreardon

Good morning,

My 7yr old son came up with a concept for a science fair for a Wipe Reminder to remind kids to wipe when they get off the toilet. I've done some research and came up with an idea for a push or pressure switch as well as a digital recording module. My question is do I need some type of mother board to connect them? is there a simpler way to do this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sean

Isn't this a self-teaching, self-correcting learning process?;)

Welcome to ETO!
I've done some research and came up with an idea for a push or pressure switch as well as a digital recording module.
What on earth needs to be recorded? Someone's going to complain about invasion of privacy :rolleyes:.

perhaps The MQ-4 can detect natural gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm.
triggered alert or automated "roll off" -- incase of malfunction the mummy comes out the restroom
((appi, appi, kassid läksid kappi, tule taevas appi ,kassid läksid kappi . . . appi . . . kappi , läksid kassid, ajasid kõik sassi, muhahahahaa))

there might be a problem that the unexpectedly starting engine scares the sh¡t out of you :eek: then the door automatically closes blocking your escape :confused: and the voice says "vipe, vipe, ..." :hilarious: but you're so scared that you hear "die, die, ..."

Last edited:
My 7yr old son came up with a concept for a science fair for a Wipe Reminder to remind kids to wipe when they get off the toilet.
Is this a common problem for people to have? :wideyed:

Last edited:
A second grade science project...just make a reminder poster and stick it to the toilet door.

If this is a project for you...then maybe tap off one of those auto-flush sensors, use it to trigger a reminder display/similar?

Put a landmine under the toilet seat. You see, the mine will not trigger until the pressure has been lifted.
Just remember to remove the explosive material and replace it with a sounder circuit.

On a serious note, you can buy greeting card sound modules which would do the job perfectly. All you need to do is replace the tension switch with a switch that triggers with weight.

In kind regards of this project getting to an point, be sure to limit the audio level if sound method is used, to avoid possible embarrassment.

is there a simpler way to do this
other than that
is it suppose to be universal "aid" , for home use , for school - kindergarten
you can hook anything up to switches without any micro' - if you want to run stats. on environmental toilet use as without paper toll , you might need more sophisticated setup

where the #8 here is probably good enough for 2-nd grader - i assume - mounting the beeper behind the reminder note/poster somewhere it's possible to see/read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back