Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of responses have indicated that such a small vacuum cleaner would be only able to suck dust and bread crumbs. But that is exactly what the OP said was the requirement - to be able to pick up bread crumbs.

A little searching suggests that the following battery is compatible with this motor: ParkZone 1S Li-Poly Micro 14C Battery (3.7V/120mAh) [PKZ1035] | RC Airplanes - A Main Hobbies

The size of the battery is:
Length: 1.325 in (33.7mm)
Width: 0.440 in (11.2mm)
Height: 0.220 in (5.59mm

I am curious how the OP plans on building the mechanics... Good luck!

Use the exhaust of a vacuum cleaner to turbo-charge itself. The exhaust blows away the dust so the vacuum cleaner does nothing.

how does this turbo-charge work? How does it enhance the design? and what is its purpose, if you dont mind me asking, because im not that fimiliar with it.

A turbo charged vacuum cleaner uses a second blower to blow away the dust so the first blower has nothing to suck up.

I don't think your motor will be the biggest problem . You need to concentrate on your method of creating the vacuum.

There are numerous ways to "suck" air. Rotary vane , barrel vane, liquid ring pumps , diagphram pumps , impeller pumps

what do you think about a 35mm by 25mm size fan for the motor
Look up Vacuum Cleaner Fan in Google. Then look at the centrifugal impellers they use in Google Images.
They don't use a fan that has blades that blows air, they use a centifugal impeller in a housing that sucks air.

Model RC jet airplanes use an electric ducted fan that has many wide blades and spins extremely fast. They blow air and make thrust but do not suck much.

Attachments

• vacuum cleaner impeller.PNG
    vacuum cleaner impeller.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 323
Does anyone know where i can get the specification for the Ultra micro P-51, UM T-28 motor by parkzone?
I cant seem to find it, other people have had a similar problem.

Does anyone know where i can get the specification for the Ultra micro P-51, UM T-28 motor by parkzone?
I cant seem to find it, other people have had a similar problem.
They are too cheap to have detailed spec's. They were originally used to open and close the tray holding a CD. They have brushes and a commutator that wear out. I wish they used brushless motors that last "forever".

The motor in my P-51 lasted about half an hour running time and was replaced by the hobby store. The replacement motor lasted about 64 hours. I bought a new motor for about $13.50CAN.

I replaced the motor on my Piper Cub about 3 times. Yesterday evening boy scouts came to the park and launched model rockets that went very high. I flew my Piper Cub around them when they parachuted down. One rocket is in a tree.

The motors have a small brass gear that wears out. The big gear on the propeller shaft is nylon and it does not wear out.

The motor in my little Blade mSR RC helicopter is bigger and much more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back