Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help please (digital clock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnythesurfer

Hi there. For an A-level project we have to create a clock. I have designed a digital clock where I create the 7 segment displays. I don't have to create the electronic mechanism to do this but would like to create a working clock. I was thinking of buying a very cheap digital clock and removing the LCD screen re-wiring it and inserting my 7-segment displays, made using LEDs. I guess this would be possible and if so is it easy and how is it done? (any wiring diagrams?) if not is there a simple way of creating the mechanism needed which I can do at school for as little money as possible?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Jonnythesurfer

You just take out the internal parts of the alarm clock and fit your new display in. Make sure to have enough space for the new display too.

You just take out the internal parts of the alarm clock and fit your new display in. Make sure to have enough space for the new display too.

That may be a bit tougher than that. Depending on how the LCD display is wired/features and such, an LED display is not a direct replacement for any ole' LCD display

The LED cannot replace LCD directly. Because a LCD is usually controlld by microchip, but its code and port cannot match LED.
I think you'd better find a circuit and build it yourself. It won't cost you much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back