Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on reducing/removing inductance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a micro-motor power supply that give 10/50Mhz,
Can you give a link to information about that power supply, in my experience "motor" and "MHz" are not words which go together.

I found the inductance of my coils using a bit of kit called an "Antenna Analyser". Actually an AIM4170, google it for more information.

For the larger loop, I was able to find the self resonant frequency with the AIM4170.
For the smaller loop, I used a spectrum analyser and tracking generator.

JimB

I have a micro-motor power supply that give 10/50Mhz, 2A p-p
zexclo,
Please send a picture of the power supply. Or write down all the information on the power supply. Are there meters, what do they measure? Or model number. MORE information.
I know you are new to this....
From the first comment you are using words that I do not understand. I have a coil like you are making. My coil is three dimensional. (one coil is north/south, one coil is east/west, and one coil is up/down) It is 2 meter cube. I have three large "power supplies" that drive 2A into the coil. (30+30 turns each)
I think we are not communication again. There is still some thing wrong.

My coil looks some thing like this picture but bigger. My working area inside is 2mx2mx2m. So this picture will fit inside my coil.
BH1300-21b.JPG

A quick google search indicates that micro motor power supplies are adjustable frequency power supplies for powering dental equipment (dental drills etc.) in a range from 10000 RPM to 50000 RPM. As Jim says "motor" and "MHz" don't go together. I'd like to see where the power supply specs actually say MHz. I suspect we're really talking kHz.

Can you give a link to information about that power supply, in my experience "motor" and "MHz" are not words which go together.

Please send a picture of the power supply. Or write down all the information on the power supply. Are there meters, what do they measure? Or model number. MORE information.

I believe the power supply is custom made by my supervisor, 20151020_174135.jpg
hence is an image of the power supply.

Currently, this is the image of my Helmholtz Coil which I have constructed. Its actually much smaller than the coils ronsimpson has constructed.

From the first comment you are using words that I do not understand. I have a coil like you are making. My coil is three dimensional. (one coil is north/south, one coil is east/west, and one coil is up/down) It is 2 meter cube. I have three large "power supplies" that drive 2A into the coil. (30+30 turns each)

Sorry for the miscommunication, may I know the words? I will try to explain.

Attachments

• 20151020_174142.jpg
    20151020_174142.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
From my experience of handling the power source, the lev feed of 10/50mhz will respond to the leviation switch of 50/10mhz. It will not be affected by other inputs.

For the Rot Freq, it will control the current/voltage to the coil.

For the Rot Freq, it will control the current/voltage to the coil.
Fair enough. If you note the "rot" frequency shown on the LCD display, the units are in kHz. So, I think it's fair to assume that the frequency of the power that you are feeding to the coils is kHz and not MHz.

One other question: What kind of insulation does your coil wire have? It doesn't appear to have any, unless it's clear enamel.

Fair enough. If you note the "rot" frequency shown on the LCD display, the units are in kHz. So, I think it's fair to assume that the frequency of the power that you are feeding to the coils is kHz and not MHz.

Yea, we are working with the "rot" frequency. Believe that clears up alot, and not the MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back