Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed with SCUBA Light Switch Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Boncuk,

I finally got round to building a test bed with all components of your original circuit (without the 1uF capacitor you recommended recently).

I'm using 2 LED modules, similar to what I will be using in the finished torch.

On applying the battery pack both LEDs immediately come on.
Then LED 1 only (pin 2 from the flip flop)
Then LED 2 only (pin 14 flip flop)
Then both on again

There is no 'both-off' in the switching sequence

This 3-part sequence continues with each momentary switch

I then introduced a 2u2 tantalum capacitor (I don't have a 1uF on hand) as in your ammended suggestion and nothing worked

No damage, as when I removed it was back to the 3-part sequence again.

Obviously we need to be able to have a both-off as there's only one momentary piezo switch on the torch

Can you advise please?

Klem

Attachments

• test bed 1.jpg
    test bed 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 293
  • test bed 2.jpg
    test bed 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 282
Bon Bon sure is a nice fella isn't he ? Way to go Bonman :)

Klem do you do night diving that requires the lamp? I only night dived once and I did not like it, I felt trapped in a box. Scared the crap out of me.

Have you seen the dive mask with lamps built in? one on each side of the head, They look very cool. I suppose the cost is high though.

Mikebits,

I like diving at night. makes a welcome change. We catch prawns here off the coast and in the river and also diffeerent fish come out at night. as long as you have a main spotlight and a back-up 'instrument' light (usually a small one hanging on side of facemask) there's no probs.

I find it quite peaceful actually

Listen, if you can provide someadvice on this earlier circuit diagram Boncuk sent would be most appreciated. just looking for someone to explain to a neandathal like me why there is no 'off' setting in the sequence with my rendering of his 4027 flip flop diagram.

cheers

Klem

Klemheist

I am building a dive light using 4 Cree r2s, aspheric lens and a Kaidomain P7 2.8 amp driver, I want to use the same piezo switch I used with the Genie,
Just a simple on and off can you describe a simple circuit for that use.

I suggested an idea in another waterproof switch thread. Get a normal small toggle (lever) switch. Then glue a lead sinker to the lever. Then a good hard bump in either direction will turn it on/off. Incredibly simple, can be used inside a totally hard pressure-proof torch casing, and uses no power when not turned on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back