Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed to identify the CONNECTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagecom

Hello all,

I am hoping this forum can solve the mistery.

I am trying to identify a connector pictured below and maybe even where can I get them (feeling lucky today ;-))

Thank you in advance!

Mike

Pack Connector1.jpg
Pack Connector2.jpg

Thanks rjenkinsgb! They are 20 pin connectors, but not all pins are symetrical, as you can see int he pictures. Some of the pins are a bit off-set.
Are we talking about the same thing? Thanks again!

Mike

They are DIN 41622 series.

eg. a TE 1-1393726-4 plug:
7548985b37abf48153aa05266a384c7393e35617.jpg

And Telegartner J00046A0908 socket:
6e249bcb559805ce2dcf2b997a4dd4782f8f0a56.jpg

The keying offsets are clearly visible in photos, though they do not appear to be detailed in the data sheet sketches.

There could possibly be both keyed and unkeyed versions - I'd check with whatever suppliers before you order the parts.

Edit - clarification. DIN 41618 and 41622 share the same general designs - but 618 have even pin spacing and 622 have the asymmetric layouts.

A lot of suppliers seem to list both types together, which is why the data sheets do not always show the offsets.

These old German data sheets have the more specific info and mechanical drawings for the two series.

Last edited:
Where did you find this old connector?

It looks like the connector used by the German cable TV systems that had the enhanced information system in the 1990s - (supplemental text for long-format versions of news headlines, movie credits, weather by city...).

Where did you find this old connector?

It looks like the connector used by the German cable TV systems that had the enhanced information system in the 1990s - (supplemental text for long-format versions of news headlines, movie credits, weather by city...).
Hello gophert, It is rather old, but still in use by professionals studio flash manufacturers to connect power generator with the flash head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back