Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doo600

I know nothing about microprocessors but looking into building this project I was told this is the way to go. I was also told it would be simple but I have no idea, websites looked very difficult.

My family and I are big into Chicago Bears football. Our basement is all Bears and the basement bathroom was just painted and decked out in all Chicago Bears. It looks really cool. I was thinking it would be great to turn the light on and the Chicago Bears Fight song begins to play. I could wire it to a light switch or a motion sensor. I just think it would be fun.

As you may have guessed, no one sells this kind of stuff. Here is exactly what I was told:

"Actually would be fairly easy to do with a microprocessor. They have ready-made PIR alarm circuits. Add some flash memory for whatever song you want to store. Put an ac/dc on it so you can plug it into the wall, and maybe a small battery for memory retention if the μP doesn't already have one. The μP's are typically easy to program."

I'm not sure what all this means but seems complicated. Could someone help me build this or give me an idea how to build this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi doo600,

you don't need a micro controller for that.

Determine the length of the song to be recorded and use an appropriate sound chip to record like you would record with a tape recorder (using an electret microphone).

I don't have a chip name at hand, but googling for sound chips you should be able to find what you need.

Replay might be triggered by any digital signal.

Boncuk

Hi again,

here is the data sheet of the ISD25XX series voice recorder.

Refer to page 23 for a full schematic.

Boncuk

Attachments

• IDS2560.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back