Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!! Infrared diode + motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

microzone

Hi! I need to use an infrared diode to calculate the number of coins drop, may I know what type of infrared diode is suitable? I also need to do use a motor to vibrate the coins to make it fall down the slope, may I know what kind of motor can I use? Do you have any tutorial or good webpage can intro to me? Thank you first for your kind help. :D

Any infrared LED and receiver pair will be adequate. In terms of a motor to vibrate the coins, it depends on the mass, stiffness, space constraints, etc. of your coin tray assembly. You have to define the physical properties of your structure first before choosing a solution.

microzone said:
Hi! I need to use an infrared diode to calculate the number of coins drop, may I know what type of infrared diode is suitable?
I also think any infrared light that can shine enough light to the infrared receiver is suitable. OR, if you want an alternative, use an LED and shine it onto an LDR.

Depending on how violent the vibrations need to be, you can purchase pager motors for $2.00 - $3.00 (US) with the offset weights included. Larger motors are available, but I'd rather not speculate without more information.

i find the ISIU60 sensor chip and the GL538 more than adequate. it has a 5 meter range in which they can be seperated, which should be more than enough for the project you are creating. reception frequency is 38 kHz, operating range is 4.7-5.3V and has a current consumption of 2.8 mA. These have proven very reliable to me in my projects that i have created, good luck with yours :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back