Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identifying Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamnp

Hello,

I'm looking for help identifying a diode I pulled from a car battery charger. The number reads: "D-148". I attempted to identify it myself using Google, but I just don't know enough to be sure.

Length: 9.74mm
Diameter: 4.96mm
Wire Diameter: 1.30mm

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Diode.jpg
    Diode.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm looking for help identifying a diode I pulled from a car battery charger. The number reads: "D-148". I attempted to identify it myself using Google, but I just don't know enough to be sure.

Length: 9.74mm
Diameter: 4.96mm
Wire Diameter: 1.30mm

Thank you for your help.

Do you need to identify it, or find a suitable replacement?

I'm more interested in finding a suitable replacement.

It will be an ordinary rectifier diode, assuming it is a 12V charger, a 50V or 100V rating will be OK, and then look at the rated current of the charger and choose one suitable, with some headroom if possible, the more expensive the charger, the more spare capacity needed. Inexpensive chargers are normally optimistic of their capabilities.

Something like this item 330645059951 on fleabay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back