Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, Im out of project ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxKiLLiNG

Its sad but true,, got plenty parts, plenty solder, and even have UV-sensitive pcb's on stock... waiting to be (ab)used!

But I lack ideas for the moment...

Any one who has some cool project ideas ?

my history of projects: 2 mp3 players,, both with hd&cd, 4x40 and graphical lcd. Made once a graphical lcd driver for a small 512color lcd. never finnished that one really.. Keyboard logger for getting my teachers pwd :lol:

My only idea i have now i finnishing that LCD controller for the mini graphical lcd, and make it have an command interface like the hitachi dot-matrix lcds.

You could build a Powerfull Fm transmitter With Pll and sell it to me(cheaply)..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you lazy a$$! :lol:

Nah, im not really into analog electronics,, have build many 2 transistor bugs. and all gave em away to friends and kids for a buck or 2.

comeon, thats not my area 8)

Noticed you're looking for an fm transmitter with a PLL,,,

Vehicle diagnostics adaptor ?
Real time display of actual sensor information from the engine management system. Perhaps leading to the replacement of the convetional dials with a "letterbox" format lcd.
Though this does require an interest in cars and a bit of C programming.

Star Trek Keyboard ?
Lcd display with a touch sensitive overlay.
A keyboard layout user defined to suit any application on demand,
qwerty keyboard, glide pad, graphics tablet and gesture pad in one place.
Ideal for complex gameplay, no longer would you have to remember which button combination does what, you simply create a console that suits your style. 8)

Ive made an lambda feedback modder once, combined with MAP sensor signal... Made my fuel economy increase by 2%, and less engine hesitation at low revs.

big touch screen as a keyboard...could get the parts i think... low budget.

shop around my friend, there are a few makers of custom and small lcd's but for price an old laptop well.. it could be useful to hand off the running of the keyboard to a seperate micro

LCD's i have plenty.......
just no touch screen matrixes

But ive found the USBMOD2 on the web.. its cheap, and gives 1024kbit/sec throughput... pretty good.

Now i have to think of why i wouldnt make a mp3 player :p :p

Touch screen overlays would be the best way to achieve the desired result , but are a bit expensive.
A matrix of I/R leds and phototransistors has been used in the past for simple consoles , though perhaps a little to low resolution for this application, saying that though the Sharp GP2D12 sensor shows promise (or perhaps ultrasonics? )and a pic microcontroller should be more than capable of decoding the output from two devices to give an X-Y co-ordinate.

HTML or basic can make use of this via the mouseport of the keyboard dedicated computer, the real fun begins when you start to figure out how to make the virtual keyboard interact with the main machines keyboard and mouse ports....

You did ask for a cool project suggestion.... :lol:

I will admit ,cost was/is the only real problem, touch screen overlays are still expensive but are becoming more common and cheaper. As for the extravagance of using a seperate pc to handle keyboard I/O, well my dell laptop cost me £300 a few years ago, and old low spec desktop machines are cheap as chips.

Ive found a few srams, atmega, and the lcd which has been laying around.

How about an intelligent terminal?
rs232, rs485, i2c, parallel etc?

with binary, hex, ascii, image displaying options?

great for debugging communication

I got a project idea for you.

I once tryed to build a microwave gun.
I removed the magnetron from a microwave.
i then placed a parrabolic dich from an old dolfin torch around the emitter part of the magnatron.
it didn't work right,
probably because the microwave wave lenghts are biger then the parabolic dish.

I also bought a microwave leakage tester.

I abandoned the project cause I shi* myself when the leakage detector went of the scale.

Attachments

• microwavegun.gif
    microwavegun.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back