Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HEF4046B problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roltex_rohit123

hi guys i was here some time back with an idea of a controlled desulfator circuit to bring dead batteries back to life. now i found a suitable ic for ths project. but i am from life science background( MS. medical biotechnology) so i dont basically have much knowledge about this circuit theory part. but still as a way to conserve my mother earth i would like to build a desulfator circuit. all i've understood is this desulfator is a simple RLC (parallel) circuit and pulses are fed to this circuit through HEF4046. this is a voltage controlled oscillator and a phase comparator. it means it can follow the source frequency and lock itself when the two become equal. now the resonating frequency for the desulfator should be 3.26MHz (its what i've seen on websites) if this is right i have some questions.
firstly does it need to have a pulse source like a crystal (what freq it should be)or it generates pulses on its own?

now about the comparator is it necessary to connect frequency divider, or comparator pin can be directly connected to the oscillator pin in case divider is to be connected what should be the parameters? where can i get it programed r there any readymade programs?

can zener diodes be used to give a constant voltages supply to the ics? or only resistors can be used?
thanks hope i could build it in a month or two..
anyone interested may join me. pls i need help still unanswered questions.

Last edited:
i read but i already have all this stuff and planing

hi i read the thread you asked me to. but i already have this information but it is not very much worth the design i'm trying to make. need some extra help could you help me?

Last edited:
yeah mike i read all the threads with this

Here is another thread for you to read

but one thing i found in common was that they either use 555 timer which has nothing to do with the resonant frequency. they just beat the plates frequency number of times. it could also loosen battery active material after some time. i want such a beating circuit that could beat only the sulfate crystals and not anything else. this can be achieved only at the resonant frequency. since we would give maximum frequency of 4 MHz to the circuit we want 3.26MHz it would not affect lead dioxide since its frequency is 5MHz and higher. i've done much search on it and found out that only the plan i'm proposing can give healthy batteries. could you explain in details the
hef4046b? being a non electronics student i cannot understand much of it. and my above questions still remain unanswered. pls help time is short.

Read much about existing desulfators but little use

hi guys, I read all the threads available on this website and I am searching on desulfators on the net for over 2 months. i have collected almost all the information about the current desulfators on the net and mostly all the patents about them. but most of all the designs vere designed to deliver a few few kilohertz in the solution. Moreover one should bear in mind that liquid too absorbs a little of the pulses. Even if we provide the exact frequency of the pulses of the liquid would absorb a part of frequency of the pulses. Hence it would not be the exact frequency of the sulfate crystals. now my design keeps on shuffling the frequencies till a constant resonant frequency is attained. this frequency is then locked by the phase comparator and vco delivers it. this assures that just appropriate frequency is delivered to the sulfate. this frequency is transparent to the other material like supprot grid. plastic material and other chemicals like the acid and lead dioxide, hence i was looking for this design.

Last edited:
but one thing i found in common was that they either use 555 timer which has nothing to do with the resonant frequency. they just beat the plates frequency number of times. it could also loosen battery active material after some time. i want such a beating circuit that could beat only the sulfate crystals and not anything else. this can be achieved only at the resonant frequency. since we would give maximum frequency of 4 MHz to the circuit we want 3.26MHz it would not affect lead dioxide since its frequency is 5MHz and higher. i've done much search on it and found out that only the plan i'm proposing can give healthy batteries. could you explain in details the
hef4046b? being a non electronics student i cannot understand much of it. and my above questions still remain unanswered. pls help time is short.

The 4046 is Phase Lock Loop chip, but is not suitable for what you want to do. It's Voltage Controlled oscillator will only operate to ~2MHz or less, and put out a tiny signal (compared to what you need).

For experimental use, you should be looking for a surplus Radio Frequency Signal Generator capable of producing 1 to 10MHz sine wave output. Most such oscillators put out ~1V to 5V into a 50Ohm load, so you will have to follow it up with an RF Power Amplifier capable of putting out several Watts to hundreds of Watts into a low impedance load. ( A huge, expensive amplifier)

This would enable you to do some basic testing to see if you can find some frequency that actually does something at some magic resonance frequency.

I remain a huge skeptic! I am convinced that breaking up sulphate crystals in lead-acid batteries can be done just fine by using a simple DC constant-current "equalization charge".

Last edited:
The 4046 is Phase Lock Loop chip, but is not suitable for what you want to do. It's Voltage Controlled oscillator will only operate to ~2MHz or less, and put out a tiny signal (compared to what you need).

For experimental use, you should be looking for a surplus Radio Frequency Signal Generator capable of producing 1 to 10MHz sine wave output. Most such oscillators put out ~1V to 5V into a 50Ohm load, so you will have to follow it up with an RF Power Amplifier capable of putting out several Watts to hundreds of Watts into a low impedance load. ( A huge, expensive amplifier)

This would enable you to do some basic testing to see if you can find some frequency that actually does something at some magic resonance frequency.

I remain a huge skeptic! I am convinced that breaking up sulphate crystals in lead-acid batteries can be done just fine by using a simple DC constant-current "equalization charge".

hi thanks for your view can you pleas suggest me what ic with similar features could be helpful?

Most people who are not crazy throw away a dead old lead acid battery then replace it with a new one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back