Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heating Circuit & Lighting Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

Diff B/W Heating Circuit & Lighting Circuit in Domestic Wiring

I Heard that Heating circuits are used in wiring and supplying power to water heaters, Refrigerators etc, because the utilise more Power.
Since the Voltage at the Mains are always Same, I require to know the differences b/w heating circuit and Lighting Circuit.

Jus the thickness of the wires used, and the fuse it's fed from.

Although you're really incorrect considering 'heating' and 'lighting', it's more correctly 'lighting' and 'power'

In the UK there are really three different types of circuits.

1) Lighting - low power (all lighting).

2) Ring mains - high power (all power sockets).

3) Direct circuits - very high power (electric cooker, electric shower, water heaters, electric heating).

Jus the thickness of the wires used, and the fuse it's fed from.

Although you're really incorrect considering 'heating' and 'lighting', it's more correctly 'lighting' and 'power'

In the UK there are really three different types of circuits.

1) Lighting - low power (all lighting).

2) Ring mains - high power (all power sockets).

3) Direct circuits - very high power (electric cooker, electric shower, water heaters, electric heating).

Thanks...Why is the Power So high in "Direct Circuit Devices" ? Is it Because Current Is High/Resistance Is High? Please Justify Me With an Example Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back