Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have any of you has build a MIRT? Do they really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo_Boss

HarveyH42 said:
**broken link removed**
Turns red lights to green. Full circuit, description, and legal penalties.

Just curious, have any one of you have build one of this inexpensive MIRT? Do it really work?
In my country (Central America) the goverment are installing new and intelligent trafic lights and I am pretty sure I have saw something that looks like a camera on top of them but maybe is the MIRT optical receptor sensor.

I will love to try it :) but do it really work?

Thx,

Isaac

Turbo_Boss said:
I am pretty sure I have saw something that looks like a camera on top of them

Theres a good chance it is a camera.

Personally, I take the 'scenic' route, or back roads where there aren't many traffic lights. I saw a local news story about MIRT, man got busted using one, that's what sparked an interest. Apparently it's for real, and intersections that use it, are also equiped with cameras for redlight-runners. Really isn't worth the risk.

If it's a busy time of the day, so people might not notice the unexpect light change (talking on the cellphone), and run into you or someone else, being that there are no sirens and flashing lights of emergency vehicles to catch their already diminished attention to traffic... The fines are pretty stiff, is really worth the 2 minutes you might save?

Andy1845c said:
Theres a good chance it is a camera
And very likely a ccd camera, which will also "see" (and record) the infrared pulses of the MIRT coming from a car that looks just like yours, with a guy that looks just like you behind the wheel ...
JB

school must be back in session. it's the invasion of the newbies that want to do illegal things and are too lazy to use google.

by the way, the new MIRTs are encoded so it probably will be wasted effort.

Turbo_Boss said:
Just curious, have any one of you have build one of this inexpensive MIRT? Do it really work?
In my country (Central America) the goverment are installing new and intelligent trafic lights and I am pretty sure I have saw something that looks like a camera on top of them but maybe is the MIRT optical receptor sensor.

I will love to try it :) but do it really work?

Thx,

Isaac
Wouldn't even consider wasting my time on such a device.

Turbo_Boss said:
Ooooh, come on guys! I am just curious:rolleyes: BTW, I am still love to build one and try it:D

Isaac
Ok Isaac, in both of your posts you state that you're "just curious" but then say that you'd love to build one. So in my mind that constitutes a strong desire to build and use such a device. You speak with a forked tongue!

Papabravo said:
Sorry, I drive beaters so I don't have to spend money on fancy alarm systems. I can't even remember the last time I made a car payment, it might have been 1991 or thereabouts.

I'm the same way. Don't care what it looks like, just be reliable. Got a '91 Ford Explorer for free, well had to put $800 into the transmission... only some minor huricane damage. For what people pay for a new car, they could by a piece of land, and you don't loose thousands within minutes of taking posession... After a new car is paid off, it's worth only a fraction of the origional sticker price. I just have other interests, don't spend that much time on the road.

Amen brother. Ahm here ta tesssstify!

Papabravo said:
Amen brother. Ahm here ta tesssstify!

1994 Ford Explorer, 1996 Mazda MX6.. I will not pay car payments. So unless I win the lotto I will never own a new car. If I do, Viper and Magnum for me (fun and work).

And "Ahm here ta tesssstify!" Ok guys, someone has hacked PapBravo's account. Need to change the password. I can not believe his fingers would type that. :D :D:D

mramos1 said:
1994 Ford Explorer, 1996 Mazda MX6.. I will not pay car payments. So unless I win the lotto I will never own a new car. If I do, Viper and Magnum for me (fun and work).

And "Ahm here ta tesssstify!" Ok guys, someone has hacked PapBravo's account. Need to change the password. I can not believe his fingers would type that. :D :D:D
Oh c'mon my shirt isn't as stuffed as all that. Is it? I'm just poking fun at Brother Odd televangilists.

1990 Ranger, 1991 LeBaron Convertible, 1998 Taurus(wife's car -- she made the payments)

Last edited:
Papabravo said:
Oh c'mon my shirt isn't as stuffed as all that. Is it?

1990 Ranger, 1991 LeBaron Convertible, 1998 Taurus(wife's car -- she made the payments)

Nah! But I was like did PapB type that???

mramos1 said:
Nah! But I was like did PapB type that???
I do sometimes let my whimsical side show.

I don't even have a car! All my money goes into robotics...maybe I should lay off for a while and get a car...meh. It's insurance that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back