Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Happy X'mas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was concentrating on electronics when I was a young teenager then I discovered blooming girls.:D
But I still kept studying electronics. I got married but I still like blooming girls.

3v0,

Did you program the Wilber robot with an array of data to follow the tape on the floor? Sounds like a lot of work with no sensors.

It is so cool to have a growing family. We know it is not always easy but just the same it is a thing that is there and gone. A few get to do it twice but not many have that much energy :rolleyes:

I had a mind fart. The robot's name is Walter, that happens. Yes it is a lot of work but it is a very good way to get them to start pounding out code.

We have a small fleet of Walters. Maybe 5. The body is a RadioShack project box with card slots. It is highly configurable. The two PCB are a PIC main board and a miss motor style H-Bridge (2n2222 etc). I have a better controller with a single chip H-Bridge but I use the miss motor to teach how they work.

This picture is a early prototype. The batteries are on the outside and the front is missing the caster. It is the only picture I have uploaded.

**broken link removed** I have been working with Krumlink while writing this. He has FINALLY started to write code. He has a long way to go but he does have a robot that blinks and moves under uC control.

3v0

I think it was in 95 my oldest son and I did build a small simple robot. Two servo sent it around the house, no sensors.

He took it to show and tell and the Science teacher said it disappeared. Guess that bot was smarter than we new :) We never built a second one.

My middle son and I received a free hot tub from craigslist. We re-wired the pump, then found the heater was shot. We we made a solar heater from black garden hose and a large glass sheet. He and I plan to build a circuit to check that it's day light (LDR), a couple thermistors and SSR to run the pump. Maybe I need to stay on him. For now I threw and X10 module on the pump and have a program popping it on and off every 30 minutes. But he was part of it all.

If one pushes too hard the kids get turned off. I have to present neat things to keep them interested. They are masters at convincing us that any amount of learning is too much work. That makes it difficult.

Kluges are great when they work. I then to use them as long as they work.

3v0

The X10 turned out to be an OK fluge as my computer is on all day anyway, so not I can take longer to make the real board :) . But we will make a PIC version, PCB and program it. He is the only one that has an interest in Electronics.

Will try not to flood him since there's no rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back