Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

handphone solar charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey2108

please help me...
i want to build a solar charger for handphone..
my problem is i dant know how to build it, and what component i must use..
now, i have a solar panel, 4v... but the batery is only 3.7v..
is that i must reduce the voltage?

There are cell phones that some people call "mobile phones".
I have wireless phones at home.
I have never heard about a phone that is called a "handphone".
Maybe you are in a foreign country and you speeky zee a foreign language?

If it is a cell phone then the charger circuit is inside the phone. The power supply is just a 5V supply that feeds the charger circuit in the phone.
The 5V charger charges the lithium battery to +4.2V. Since your solar panel is only 3.7V and needs a diode (0.7V) to stop the battery from discharging into the solar panel then it won't work.

thanks for the reply...
its all about a mobile phone...
i want to create a mobile phone charger used solar power..
now, i have bought a 5v solar panel..
so, do i have put a diod?.. it is because the mobile phone only 3.7v....

All you have to do is copy the voltage and current from the AC to DC adapter. It has a diode that stops the battery from discharging into the solar panel in the dark. A 3.7V lithium battery charges to 4.2V so the voltage from your solar panel is too low.

why not use a buck/boost converter or just a boost converter depending on the voltage your solar panel generates? You can get simple converters in pre-constructed packages so only a few components are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back