Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a solar powered 3 wheel vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

Hi
I want build a solar powered 3 wheel vehicle. But I do not know how much back up the vehicle named as auto rickshaw will get from the solar panel? Which type of solar panel should be used to back up the rickshaw for about 8 hours. My country is Bangladesh.
Thanks again.
Samina Alam

Are you planning to use the panel to charge a battery, or to power a motor?
What are the battery and motor specs?
I think you'll find you need a very large panel, or panel array, if this is a full-size rickshaw rather than a model.

You will find the panels will need to be bigger than your rickshaw can hold.

You will find the panels will need to be bigger than your rickshaw can hold.
Nah, you just have to think positive, anything is possible.

JimB

Overloaded Tuk Tuk.JPG

Are you planning to use the panel to charge a battery, or to power a motor?
What are the battery and motor specs?
I think you'll find you need a very large panel, or panel array, if this is a full-size rickshaw rather than a model.

Funnily enough, I'm sat with four solar panels immediately behind me :D

They are 125cm x 81cm each, and I 'think' they are rated at 150W (they are secondhand, so no specs).

Bear in mind these are 150W absolute maximum, and I doubt the 600W of panels would be much good for powering a rickshaw?.

Incidentally, the MPPT controllers for them (we have six?) use a PIC16F877 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back