Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a Charger ? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Oh great, glad you got it going. Now you can really start some interesting experimenting.

The start ext DC supplies at 0v is to aid convergence in some circuits. The power turning on is like a step input which is a very fast rising wave front which sometimes doesnt give the rest of the circuit enough time to locally stabilize (high value derivatives). But ramping up the supply voltages allows a smoother transition between states so the derivatives are lower and this often helps a very stiff circuit converge.

There's also the question of what numerical method to use (checkbox). I recommend Gear unless the simulation is taking too long for you to wait. Gear's can be phenomenally accurate compared to the other methods because the solution is iterated for each point.

There's also the question of what numerical method to use (checkbox). I recommend Gear unless the simulation is taking too long for you to wait. Gear's can be phenomenally accurate compared to the other methods because the solution is iterated for each point.

I could not find "Gear" in the choices for my simulation command. I also asked Mr Google but he seems not to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back