Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H bridge Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
solder, glue, tape, putty, welding even bubblegum.....:nailbiting:

not very descriptive now are we:confused: sounds like the making's of a solar-tracker? maybe do a search on it.

Thats not very helpful

hi ashes,
We need more information about the H bridge and LDR's.
Do you have any circuits you could post, then we will try to help.

E

Thats not very helpful
Neither was your original post. I, for one, don't like playing 20 questions. Post a proper question...

I am building a robot line following. I want to use 4 LDR's. 2 to follow line and 2 to detect the background colour. This is because half side of the track is black and the other white. I am using comparator to detect the high and low voltage between the 4 LDR. But I am confused about connecting this comparator to the H bridge with outputs of the Hbridge being 2 motors. I want to make the robot as fast as possible this is possible by making one motor being clockwise and the other being clockwise. How can this be done using the Hbridge

How can I connect 4 LDR Inputs to L293D H-bridge with outputs being 2 motors?
You seem to be assuming a leap from an LDR sensing system to a L293D H-brudge IC circuit (plus an H-Bridge) without any mention of some manner of digitizing (or PWM) circuit(s) in between.

As such, either you haven't completely thought out your system requirements or you are unaware of of the component "blocks" needed to achieve your goal (a line following robot) using the components you have, thus far, listed.

Please list what you currently have as parts for this line following robot and those you think you'll need.

And, while not terribly sophisticated, your initial circuit could do the job. The robot would "wig-wag" its way around the course defined by the lines (slowing it somewhat, for sure) but it would follow the line.

Also:
I am building a robot line following. I want to use 4 LDR's. 2 to follow line and 2 to detect the background colour.
Why do you think you need 4 LDRs? You only need 2: 1 to detect the left side of the line and the other to detect the right side.

You could, in fact, get away with just one detector, but that would require a considerably more sophisticated controller system for the motors.

Last edited:
You seem to be assuming a leap from an LDR sensing system to a L293D H-brudge IC circuit (plus an H-Bridge) without any mention of some manner of digitizing (or PWM) circuit(s) in between.

As such, either you haven't completely thought out your system requirements or you are unaware of of the component "blocks" needed to achieve your goal (a line following robot) using the components you have, thus far, listed.

Please list what you currently have as parts for this line following robot and those you think you'll need.

And, while not terribly sophisticated, your initial circuit could do the job. The robot would "wig-wag" its way around the course defined by the lines (slowing it somewhat, for sure) but it would follow the line.

Also:

Why do you think you need 4 LDRs? You only need 2: 1 to detect the left side of the line and the other to detect the right side.

You could, in fact, get away with just one detector, but that would require a considerably more sophisticated controller system for the motors.
Currently I was planning to use:
4 ldr
4 rgb led
Lm324 comparator to digititize the signals from ldr
L392d h bridge to drive the motors
Twin solor DC motors

Sorry, I am beginner that's why I am asking these questionz

Currently I was planning to use:
4 ldr
4 rgb led
Lm324 comparator to digititize the signals from ldr
L392d h bridge to drive the motors
Twin solor DC motors

Sorry, I am beginner that's why I am asking these questionz
Thank you.

So, again, what is your reasoning behind using 4 LDRs (rather than 2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back