Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H bridbe mosfet inverter with gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutt77

hello
i am designing H bridbe mosfet inverter with gate driver i need help for resistor and capacitor use in circuit plz help

I can not help you with out more information!
What resistors, what capacitors.
Please attach your circuit.

sir this is my circuit i want to know that what value of resistor and capacitor i can use here

Attachments

• h l.PNG
    h l.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 286
There are many things wrong here. The 555 is not the right part here.
The "gate resistors" should be closer to 10 ohms not 10k.
In green I drew the ground nodes. They must be connected together.
U1 and U2 do not connect to ground but live on the Source of Q1 or Q2. U1 must connect to the Source of Q1.

Maybe I should have asked how often you switch the bridge. (?)
If you switch one per second then 10k is fine. If you are switching by a PWM and at 20khz then the 10 ohm is better.

There are many "gate driver", "H bridge driver", "high & low side gate driver" ICs in the market.

Yes. The top transistors or MOSETs need a gate drive that is referenced to the Emitter (Source) of that transistor. (which is not ground)
In post #8 it is hard to make the two "Vcc=18V" supplies. (one shown)
In post #6 the supply is created via the diode and large capacitor Vb to Vs. (ask if you don't understand or read the data sheet) It only works if the output is switching on/off all the time. If you will leave it full on/off for a long time the circuit will not work well. (long time = 10mS)

sir thanks for sharing with me sir this circuit is okay if i connect all four mosfets drivers HCPL3120 like this input voltage 12v not 36

IGBT3 needs a HCPL3120 with a different 15V supply.
IGBT4 & 2 can be driven by a IC that does not have isolation. There will need to be a 15V supply for the IC(s) that drive 4 & 2.

I understand sir Thank you very much sir you are too much helpful can you please provide me your email for any query if You dont maind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back