Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar Tuning Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mechie, I enjoy your Quote as your autosignature! Very crafty :D

The cane. I can't say that I know what that is like. I grew up in an era where teachers were no longer allowed to physically punish children. I still got good whackings from my parents, but school, you could pretty much get away with anything. The punishment we had was called "detention" where you would spend your lunch with your head down on the table. I soon adapted this detention time as a nap time :wink: Once my Dad found out, things changed for sure.

So, would they whack you across the back with the cane? or bust your rear end? How would they use the cane?

Different shoes! Wow. I suppose that was to keep things clean, as well as presentable inside? It's very very amazing to me to see the differences between the United States systems and the UK systems. Although, we are talking about two different generations here. Still, what a contrast!

It makes you wonder if some of the discipline issues, or lack thereof, may be a source for some of the problems over here in the US. I can't remember a time when I was afraid of getting into michief at school, because there wasn't any solid punishment. The worst thing was that they would call your parents.

I move for bringing canes back to school :D Or at least something fearfull, like having to go to the dentist every time you do something against the rules.

thanks a lot, you've all been great. think its going to be the PIC circuit, as like you said the frequency to voltage converter circuit would be really inaccurate.

glad i could set off the trip down memory lane for some of you as well!

willcurvis said:
thanks a lot, you've all been great. think its going to be the PIC circuit, as like you said the frequency to voltage converter circuit would be really inaccurate.

glad i could set off the trip down memory lane for some of you as well!

I realise it's for a school project, but I just bought my daughter a Seiko one for her bass guitar - she wanted one which will tune to 'drop d' - whatever that is!. Her old Qwiktune one doesn't do that, the new one only cost £23.95 - which, except for school projects, makes building one look pretty pointless (money wise).

You can download the PIC software from the EPE website, if you need the circuit let me know and I'll try and find it.

As for caning at school, when I was there it was across your rear end, I only got it once - most unfairly as well :lol: It might have been 1969 or so, but I still hold a grudge!.

Drop D Tunning is where the low E string on a regular guitar is tuned down to a D instead of the standard E. This gives, from lowest to highest, D A D G B E, since a D major would be D F# A, you automatically get a D5 by simply strumming the bottom D and A string. Since alot of modern music only uses power chords (those of '5' variety) this makes playing simple chords really easy becasause all you have to do is either play in the open strings, or bar across the top 2 or 3 strings and you get a different chord. Lots of heavier rock people use drop d. I don't know how it works on a base guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back