Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guess who I saw on Myspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the world??

That's my avatar indeed (photo taken at a "Best Hillbilly" contest during a large camporee)... it's been circulated by some of the camping forum members along with other contestants pics. Yeeehaaw, look at those "Billy Bob" teeth ... it requires quality dental work to get that hat looking like that!!!
Now I hate to disappoint y'all, but that MySpace account most asuredly isn't mine! I admit that coincidentally, I prefer McCain over NObama but as God is my witness, that's not me replying on that MySpace page --- I don't even have an account with them.

**broken link removed**

That's my avatar indeed (photo taken at a "Best Hillbilly" contest during a large camporee)... it's been circulated by some of the camping forum members along with other contestants pics. Yeeehaaw, look at those "Billy Bob" teeth ... it requires quality dental work to get that hat looking like that!!!
Now I hate to disappoint y'all, but that MySpace account most asuredly isn't mine! I admit that coincidentally, I prefer McCain over NObama but as God is my witness, that's not me replying on that MySpace page --- I don't even have an account with them.

**broken link removed**

Oh crap! I about S__ed a brick when I saw your name show up! That blow up is even better!

Keep it real dude! Right On!

When I was a young kid, I vacationed for a week in Tennessee. I got to meet some real hillbillies and believe me, when I tell you that Jed Clampit and kinfolk is for real!! These folks didn't have nary a care in the world... I even wondered if they bothered to care where their next meal would come from. Probably out back behind the shed.... you know... that active woodchuck hole!

When I was a young kid, I vacationed for a week in Tennessee. I got to meet some real hillbillies and believe me, when I tell you that Jed Clampit and kinfolk is for real!! These folks didn't have nary a care in the world... I even wondered if they bothered to care where their next meal would come from. Probably out back behind the shed.... you know... that active woodchuck hole!

Yeah, I met some characters from West (by God) Virginia. They were nuts!

There's even a few families like that in the UK as well - we even used to call one family the Clampit's :D

Quite strange really, the daughter had never been off the farm, nor were strangers ever allowed on - yet she had a young child? - still, Mary got away with it :p

There's even a few families like that in the UK as well - we even used to call one family the Clampit's :D

Quite strange really, the daughter had never been off the farm, nor were strangers ever allowed on - yet she had a young child? - still, Mary got away with it :p

Ellie May......bad girl!

If you think about it, being a hillbilly is part of American culture, past and present! Look at the old TV shows modeled after hillbillies and mountain folks:

Green Acres
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Andy Griffith Show
The Dukes of Hazard
HeeHaw

The ever famous movie, Deliverance centered around hillbillies and mountain life. Here's an interesting take on hillbillies:

The Hillbilly Stereotype
  • smokes a corncob pipe
  • are often moonshiners with an (illegal) still on their property
  • often drink from traditional moonshine clay jugs marked "XXX"
  • often wear a worn out floppy hat
  • own a shotgun
  • often fight each other along family lines. This is known as a "fued."
  • are often barefoot
  • have poor personal and dental hygiene (sometimes portrayed with few or no teeth at all).
  • are not motivated by money or attempt in any way to improve their social status in comparison to the outside world; are content with their lives; do not generally leave their clans to see other parts of the world
  • are poorly educated
  • play the banjo
  • drive vintage pick-up trucks
  • wear overalls, with no shirt underneath
  • the men often have long, scraggly, and unkempt beards
  • inbred
  • have two first-names, i.e. Bobby-Sue
  • are often old-fashioned in political and social views

If you think about it, being a hillbilly is part of American culture, past and present! Look at the old TV shows modeled after hillbillies and mountain folks:

Green Acres
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Andy Griffith Show
The Dukes of Hazard
HeeHaw

The ever famous movie, Deliverance centered around hillbillies and mountain life. Here's an interesting take on hillbillies:

The Hillbilly Stereotype
  • smokes a corncob pipe
  • are often moonshiners with an (illegal) still on their property
  • often drink from traditional moonshine clay jugs marked "XXX"
  • often wear a worn out floppy hat
  • own a shotgun
  • often fight each other along family lines. This is known as a "fued."
  • are often barefoot
  • have poor personal and dental hygiene (sometimes portrayed with few or no teeth at all).
  • are not motivated by money or attempt in any way to improve their social status in comparison to the outside world; are content with their lives; do not generally leave their clans to see other parts of the world
  • are poorly educated
  • play the banjo
  • drive vintage pick-up trucks
  • wear overalls, with no shirt underneath
  • the men often have long, scraggly, and unkempt beards
  • inbred
  • have two first-names, i.e. Bobby-Sue
  • are often old-fashioned in political and social views

By God I think your on to something! I loved "Green Acres". That was so funny. Remember the one about the "shooshting star"? Man that was funny! How about that chicken, what was her name...Henrietta? She knew electronics. She always pulled the telephone chord out after mr Douglas climbed the pole to answer the telephone...lol.

Hey, I updated my profile but my picture won't show up? Anyway, your my first friend if the damn thing works.

Phew, HiTech,

that is a serious credential list, no need to worry, the only thing there that I have is the shotgun, 12g, 28" barrel, half choke, pump action.

Ye man, I'll tickle your feathers over quite some distance with that, unfortunately what it does to my shoulder is far more than tickle.

SV, you must set up your pic under the avatar section, not just the profile pic.
I think.
When in edit details, scroll down a bit, you'll find it there.

Phew, HiTech,

that is a serious credential list, no need to worry, the only thing there that I have is the shotgun, 12g, 28" barrel, half choke, pump action.

Ye man, I'll tickle your feathers over quite some distance with that, unfortunately what it does to my shoulder is far more than tickle.

SV, you must set up your pic under the avatar section, not just the profile pic.
I think.
When in edit details, scroll down a bit, you'll find it there.

Oh OK, sounds like a nice collection you got there!

There I am!

Last edited:
Damn dude, you ugly.:)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

What about old green teeth up there? Remember that song by Charlie Daniels?..."Uneasy Rider". That was so funny...."...I turn around and kicked old green teeth right in the knee"

Phew, HiTech,

What's a half choke? My shotgun is a 12ga. pump, extra full choke, that shoots 3.5" magnum shells. A brain-dead turkey hunter once shot one like mine, propping himself against a tree and dislocated his shoulder from the recoil.
I also own other quality shotguns, numerous rifles and handguns and compound bows. Those, along with my walking stick and overalls qualifies me to be a hillbilly.:D

It basically mean it chokes some less than your full choke, but one other nice feature is, I can remove the choke on my shotgun, and fit a full choke. Or a straight through.
With that many guns, SA will be a complete no-no for you.
As a private you may only have one handgun, and something like two rifles.
Then you need to require explicit proof of why you require those guns, such as belonging to a sport shooting fed. or hunting club/whatsoever.
Otherwise, forget to get a licence for your gun.

But if you have an AK47 in your possession it's okay. You do not even need to apply for the licence.

But if you have an AK47 in your possession it's okay. You do not even need to apply for the licence.

hi,
As you know arrie, you can hire an AK47 for the day for about £5GBP + ammo, in Jo'burg...:eek:

What's a half choke? My shotgun is a 12ga. pump, extra full choke, that shoots 3.5" magnum shells. A brain-dead turkey hunter once shot one like mine, propping himself against a tree and dislocated his shoulder from the recoil.
I also own other quality shotguns, numerous rifles and handguns and compound bows. Those, along with my walking stick and overalls qualifies me to be a hillbilly.:D

If martial law breaks out, can I come stay with you uncle HiTech? :)

The US has a statute on ammunitions limitations for citizens. I think it was somewhere around 3000 rounds (maybe more or less). Anything beyond that amount could get the attention of the FBI or better yet, the Bureau of ATF. One would need to posess a FFL permit (Fed Firearms Licence). Of course then you could play around with full auto AK-47s and likewise toys! 3000 rounds isn't all that much when we are talking about .22cal rounds with 500 rounds per brick. You can shoot that in a weekend at a gun range. Now, 3000 rounds of 30.06 is enough to start a small revolution... especially when fired from a Browning BAR!:eek:

S.V. you're welcome to join my posse' if the government ever raises arms against us citizens. You're the kind of comic relief we'd need during a crisis situation like that to keep us in good spirits!:) I'm a survivalist - not hardcore, but enough that if a catastrophe were to occur, my family would be fine for a couple of weeks at current consumption levels... longer if I rationed. Y2k scare was an eye opener to learn how to fend for one's self. Now I'm preparing for Y3k!!!;)

Last edited:
The US has a statute on ammunitions limitations for citizens. I think it was somewhere around 3000 rounds (maybe more or less). Anything beyond that amount could get the attention of the FBI or better yet, the Bureau of ATF. One would need to posess a FFL permit (Fed Firearms Licence). Of course then you could play around with full auto AK-47s and likewise toys! 3000 rounds isn't all that much when we are talking about .22cal rounds with 500 rounds per brick. You can shoot that in a weekend at a gun range. Now, 3000 rounds of 30.06 is enough to start a small revolution... especially when fired from a Browning BAR!:eek:

S.V. you're welcome to join my posse' if the government ever raises arms against us citizens. You're the kind of comic relief we'd need during a crisis situation like that to keep us in good spirits!:) I'm a survivalist - not hardcore, but enough that if a catastrophe were to occur, my family would be fine for a couple of weeks at current consumption levels... longer if I rationed. Y2k scare was an eye opener to learn how to fend for one's self. Now I'm preparing for Y3k!!!;)

You sure know your S--t! That's cool. As a matter of fact I was just getting ready to pick up some Burkey sports bottles. You can filter water on the fly. Drink out of creeks or anything.

I guess you got your food items put back? Can't get those sea-rations anymore. I think they've about shut down all the army surplus stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back