Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Great News Guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rap is saying rhymes and swearing with hammering and boom-boom noises in the background. It has nothing to do with music.

HiTech said:
Why use Vaseline when there are a plethora of specialty lubricants available that do the job better and longer? I don't think Vaseline is formulated to withstand warm temperatures generated within a PC case.
cause you can lick it off the the case if you spill any silly head!!

crusty said:
cause you can lick it off the the case if you spill any silly head!!
If you should ever lick Vaseline, please don't advertise that warped activity here! :eek:

HiTech said:
If you should ever lick Vaseline, please don't advertise that warped activity here! :eek:
why else would it have "jelly" printed on it!! i mean omfg it's teh best with peanut butter!!111

I got board today and tried to install windows xp pro under wine...

umm... let's just say that it didn't work... :)

The windows installation window came up, but then it erred out with a few illegal operations. :( Bummer. :(

I didn't expect it to install, i just wanted to see what would happen...

If anyone is interested, i would be thrilled to upload a screen-shot

I got board today and tried to install windows xp pro under wine...
Hmmm. I wonder if there is a VM (Virtual Machine) available for Linux. I've managed to install Linux and Windows itself (While experimenting with slip streaming) using a M$ VM under XP.
If anyone is interested, i would be thrilled to upload a screen-shot
Of windows in blue screen mode or your working Linux desktop? :D

I installed Windows XP a couple days ago on my Macbook with Bootcamp. It runs flawlessly, and all of the features are still supported, including all of the volume function keys, etc.

Plus, it's dual boot; I can flip back and forth in a couple of minutes. No Vaseline required. :D

kchriste said:
Hmmm. I wonder if there is a VM (Virtual Machine) available for Linux. I've managed to install Linux and Windows itself (While experimenting with slip streaming) using a M$ VM under XP.

Of windows in blue screen mode or your working Linux desktop? :D

There have been Linux-based Virtual machines since they first came out
YOu have: VMware, Qemu, Virtualbox which does your basic virtualmachine (and if you have a new KVM capable CPU you get no slowdown)
To hypervisor kernels like Xen

theinfamousbob said:
I installed Windows XP a couple days ago on my Macbook with Bootcamp. It runs flawlessly, and all of the features are still supported, including all of the volume function keys, etc.

Plus, it's dual boot; I can flip back and forth in a couple of minutes. No Vaseline required. :D

Now install a linux distro and triple-boot

At one time i had 4 different os's on my 40gb laptop. I had xp pro, Ubuntu 7.04, Kubuntu 7.04, and SimplyMepis 6something. Since then i am back down to 2 os's on my laptop (ubuntu 7.1 and xp pro) same on my desktop. Linux is set to default in grub. ;)

Styx said:
Now install a linux distro and triple-boot
I would but I only have an 80GB hard drive. I don't know if I can without reformatting everything and repartitioning. For dual boot it auto adjusted the partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back