Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some CoronaVirus good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD NEWS!?

China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

Apple reopens all 42 china stores.

Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

Above credit to: Michael Mathis

❤ So it's not ALL bad news friends. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable while continuing to make the best of our days. This too shall pass! I challenge you to spread the good news!

**If you google the above statements, they prove to be true**

Like the famous Churchill quote: this is not yet the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning.

I am quoting from memory. I am sure someone will correct my words. Or to tell me that Churchill did not say that.

Winston Churchill. A legend. Huge respect for him. Not like today's ******* leaders grr.

Not so good news here - I've been waiting for a physiotherapist appointment at my local hospital (for calcified tendons in my shoulder) - it took two weeks for the appointment to arrive, and it was for six weeks after that (25th March). Yesterday my mobile rang, I looked at it and it said 'Private Number' - so I answered it anyway. It was the Hospital - so I thought, they will be cancelling due to Corona virus - 'sort of true', they said they now couldn't make 25th, so would another date be OK, and offered me 18th March (tomorrow). Needless to say I agreed to the change, and was quite pleased.

Then this dinnertime, the phone rang again - hospital again - saying all face to face appointments are cancelled, but the physiotherapist will ring you at your appointment time to do the appointment over the phone.

Is there some new telekinetic technique I've missed in the news? - so I asked how it's supposed to help? - to be told it's only to triage your condition, obviously no treatment (thanks a lot). What's to triage?, they have x-rays, ultrasound scans, doctors report and hospital report (from the scans) - how is talking to me over the phone going to give them any more information?.

I'm also extremely dubious how it can help?, does physiotherapy some how remove the calcification from tendons? - apparently the next attempt (if I've not died of old age by then?) is steroid injections, potentially followed eventually by surgery to remove the calcification.

I'm also waiting for an appointment at the 'Rapid Access Heart Unit', that took three weeks to come through, and is over six weeks later (end of April) if it's not cancelled before then?. That's for Angina type symptoms, but it's only happened since the shoulder packed up, and specifically after I was put on Naproxen - so I 'suspect' it may just be the calcified spur ripping through the nerves and muscles in my shoulder.

So nothing good in the UK, and it's getting rapidly worse.

I have said MANY many times... Perspective.. It looks bad because of idiot media scaremongery.

Whilst I do appreciate there are some that need to be extremely careful. Panicking people will cause exatly the sort of thing that we're experiencing.
We are in the cold / flu season... There will be hundreds of "false" self diagnosis on the population..
Official stats.... China 80 thousand cases ( declared ) 68 thousand recoveries, 3 thousand deaths..

Normal flu in china claims around 130 thousand lives every year... Whoopee 133 thousand... in total so far... We still haven't the "Real" figures, but its still nowhere near as bad as the media makes out.

UK... 4 in five may contract the virus... "1 in 10" of these may get a severe attack worst case 14% chance of fatality if you happen to be 70+ with underlying conditions.. If you are a "1 in 10" and you are under 50 there is a 0.2% chance of being killed. So far across the world 1% of people that have caught the disease, has died. This is reported people... Most young people won't even know they've had it... So if you wash your hands and be sensible, it'll pass without you needing to panic..

I wish I could catch it just to get it over and done with!!!!

I don't think this is scaremongering. This is a chart of the UK and Australian cases from yesterday,
exponential.png

Note they are both exponential with the Aussy one just 4 days behind the UK.

The UK has ~3600 critical care beds. When they talk about 8 million becoming severe cases that will need hospitalization, there won't be enough beds.

There's also a great deal of evidence that selection of who gets respirators has favoured younger people therefore skewing the figures toward the elderly.

In Australia, the ages of people infected form a prefect bell curve centered around 45,
bell curve.png

I think trivializing this is dangerous. However, due to the exponential growth we won't have a long wait to find out.

Mike.

Is there some new telekinetic technique I've missed in the news?
A friend of mine is into Voodoo Acupuncture. You don't have to go. You'll just be walking down the street, and... Ooooohhhhhh, that's much better...

Steven Wright quote

A friend of mine is into Voodoo Acupuncture. You don't have to go. You'll just be walking down the street, and... Ooooohhhhhh, that's much better...

Well that would be nice! :D

Anyway, they rang today - they are skipping physiotherapy, and going straight to steroid injections (possibly followed by physio). However, they won't be doing it until after Coronavirus has gone as it reduces your immune system?.

Important Announcement About COVID-19
  1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
  2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
  3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
  4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
  5. If it drops on a metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
  6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent will kill it.
  7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
  8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly, and so on.
  9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
  10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!
Symptoms
  1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
  2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
  3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
  4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Serious excellent advice by doctors treating COVID-19 cases

Everyone should ensure their mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the viruses. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous.

The new Coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have a fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible).

Experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

I wondered about that later.
I was hoping it didn’t like heat because I am in Florida but tropical countries are getting it too.

The figures in Italy are truly perplexing. Recovered 4000, dead 3000. Source. Im guessing (hoping) that this is due to under detection of infected people.

Mike.

The figures in Italy are truly perplexing. Recovered 4000, dead 3000. Source. Im guessing (hoping) that this is due to under detection of infected people.

Mike.
I heard the virus has mutated in Italy... 18 to 45 year olds in a bad way... Luckily for us the lock down means it wont come this way..

It's only just starting here in SA. We're at 150 known cases now..... probably actually 10X that because of lack of testing, rural villages, uneducated people that don't know about Corona etc.

I heard the virus has mutated in Italy... 18 to 45 year olds in a bad way... Luckily for us the lock down means it wont come this way..

Not really, yet.
https://www.epicentro.iss.it/corona...eglianza-integrata-COVID-19_12-marzo-2020.pdf
49676779197_47ae4fe955_c_d.jpg

Younger is relative. What we are seeing is more ~40-50 year olds in Italy being infected and those with weaker immune systems going to hospitals. We don't see most of them on ventilators like the elderly and frail and we don't see many deaths per the Italian data in these 'younger people who are going to hospitals' media stories originated from.

To get a clear idea, the only one is to study the official data released daily by the Civil Protection that tell who is affected by Covid-19. Statistics explain that only 1 percent of sufferers under 60 die from this infection. From yesterday's count we learn that the total infected are at this point 7,985 (+1,598 compared to Sunday), 463 the dead (+97) and 724 the healed (+102). Analysis of the age of the victims tells that 10 percent of the patients were between 60 and 69 years old; 31 percent from 70 to 79 years old; 44 percent from 80 to 89 years old; 14 percent over 90 years old. Data that are also confirmed at the Lombard level, the hardest trench of the coronavirus: out of the 282 infected (585 more than yesterday), 646 were discharged, 333 died. And here too, young people are the least affected. Here, rather, what is striking is the fact that it concerns adults: a third of the hospitalized are middle-aged people. So, not old people. The Lombardy regional councilor Giulio Gallera confirms that 22 percent of those in intensive care in Lombardy are over 75 years old, 37 percent are between 65 and 74 and 8 percent between 25 and 49 years old. there are no inpatients. There are no patients under 25 years old.

The data from Veneto are also clear: there is no hospitalization under 24 years, while in the age group between 25 and 44 there are 9 hospitalizations, two of which are in intensive care. In Veneto, too, there is a problem for adults: between 45 and 64 years of hospitalization are 70, of which 16 in intensive care. Then we move on to the elderly: between 65 and 74 years hospitalizations are 45, of which 14 in intensive care; between 75 and 84 years hospitalizations are 76 (18 in intensive care), and over 85 years hospitalizations are 37 (one in intensive care). The data reassure parents of boys and children, although all doctors point out that the youngest ones can be asymptomatic, therefore very dangerous for the infection of grandparents.
Google translate.

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...e_psicosi_ma_tutti_restino_a_casa_-250792425/

Absolute silence here now. You can hear a pin drop. Never known it like this in all my years here. It's unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back