Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Great News Guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I am now officially registered Linux user 459311!!!!!!!!

Ubuntu 7.10

**broken link removed**

It is great news because it is one less statistic that supports microsuck! Especially windows visa!

I don't think this forum is the correct place to discuss religious preferences regardless of the flavor.

Lefty

mmm where you get the piccy, cause I am #260061 and registered in 2000

Marks256 said:
It is great news because it is one less statistic that supports microsuck! Especially windows visa!

What, an operating system with a built-in credit card? :p

It's not about what operating system you use, it's about what you run under it - how are you planning running any of the Windows only programmes?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What, an operating system with a built-in credit card? :p

It's not about what operating system you use, it's about what you run under it - how are you planning running any of the Windows only programmes?.
here's an idea, don't run windows only programs. ;) or use wine with dx support for games, that's about the only programs you can ONLY run under windoze. As for most software they usually already have substitutes like yall been saying, openoffice, xmms, etc.

oh yeah. sorry about that. i should have linked the picture, but i couldnt' figure it out. Omar.M is right, **broken link removed** for the piccy. :)

crusty said:
I prefer opensuse, or kubuntu, i like the kde.

I, too, used to like the kde. I HATED ubuntu, and gnome, as well. Then KDE started pissing me off (kubuntu wouldn't let me install anything, and opensuse was bloated), so i gave ubuntu 7.1 a chance... WOW! I love the simplicity of gnome! yes, i do miss the configuration choices that KDE offers, but gnome is, well, i don't know how to explain it. I am using the Ubuntu Studio theme (which i think is ok, just way too dark), and running compiz fusion. good stuff! Soon i will be going dual 17" as well.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What, an operating system with a built-in credit card?

You can't be serious that you have never heard that joke before? Windows vista is so expensive that most sain people call it visa... :p

Nigel Goodwin said:
It's not about what operating system you use,

I beg to differ. It is about what operating system you use. People who have pride and dignity use Linux. I am not even going to comment on windows. I won't get TOO judgmental until i see what Windows 7 will look like... It is about time the kernel gets a revamp.

Nigel Goodwin said:
how are you planning running any of the Windows only programmes?.

WINE. If it doesn't work with wine, it's not worth my time. Hey! That rhymes! That should totally be my new sig "If it doesn't work with WINE, it's not worth my time".

Oh, and my xp partition for games. Actually, i have heard reports that steam (hl2, portal, etc) works with wine?

Marks256 said:
oh yeah. sorry about that. i should have linked the picture, but i couldnt' figure it out. Omar.M is right, **broken link removed** for the piccy. :)

I, too, used to like the kde. I HATED ubuntu, and gnome, as well. Then KDE started pissing me off (kubuntu wouldn't let me install anything, and opensuse was bloated), so i gave ubuntu 7.1 a chance... WOW! I love the simplicity of gnome! yes, i do miss the configuration choices that KDE offers, but gnome is, well, i don't know how to explain it. I am using the Ubuntu Studio theme (which i think is ok, just way too dark), and running compiz fusion. good stuff! Soon i will be going dual 17" as well.

You can't be serious that you have never heard that joke before? Windows vista is so expensive that most sain people call it visa... :p

I beg to differ. It is about what operating system you use. People who have pride and dignity use Linux. I am not even going to comment on windows. I won't get TOO judgmental until i see what Windows 7 will look like... It is about time the kernel gets a revamp.

WINE. If it doesn't work with wine, it's not worth my time. Hey! That rhymes! That should totally be my new sig "If it doesn't work with WINE, it's not worth my time".

Oh, and my xp partition for games. Actually, i have heard reports that steam (hl2, portal, etc) works with wine?

here you go bubba, everything you wanted to know.
**broken link removed**

Omar.M said:
**broken link removed**
That is where you can get the counter picture =).

dude I know the site! I registered my first (personal) linux machine there over 7years ago
what isn't clear is where to link the piccy

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps you need to get a life?
Hee, hee. This applies to all of us who are addicted to electronics chat forums.

Not me. I have a life and I go out and do things. Sometimes.
Today the weather was nice, the little amount of snow melted and I went shopping and shopping and shopping with my wife. Then we went for a long walk with our dog until we nearly froze to death. Darn winter has just begun.

WINE is actually a very good implementation of the windows-API for the POSIX environement so for those that havn't found replacement software (and for 99% of the time there is, and it does more things better as well) it is a good lib-set to provide a bridge

it struggles with some of the latest games, but as Marks256 hinted at HL2 et-al work very well

lol. Installing Direct-X on wine? Who would have though... :lol:

Styx, i just got it when i registered, it came up automatically. I am sure you can use the link for the picture to get your own (change my number passed to the cgi to yours) like this

Styx said:
**broken link removed**

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps you need to get a life?

I would if i could. It isn't as easy as it sound.

just like in Vista muhahaha

Only a personal opinion

bye bye.jpg

:p

Styx said:
just like in Vista muhahaha
Ha. My friend has a quad core Intel box @ 2.4GHz, 8800GTX (Built by Velocity Micro....hey, I didn't know him before 3 months ago otherwise I would've told him to just build it and save a grand.)

It runs like butter on high graphics detail under Vista 32 bit. Not even 64 bit Vista.

My 7950GT OC gets manhandled pretty badly at times under medium detail and WinXP. Oh well.

I'm glad to hear the news.

Lol I'm posting this from Winwoes at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back