Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Google's april fool's joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadioRon said:
The main purpose was to inform andy1845c of V10s available. I wonder if he knows which new cars have only three cylinders, or only two? Or 16? Or for that matter, which ones have no cylinders at all?

Huh? :confused: I don't understand the jab.

I knew V10's existed, but I did not know you could get them in somthing like a Dodge Ram pickup truck. I knew some exotic sports cars had them and the F1 racecars, as Nigel mentioned, used them. I was unaware that you could even get them in a BMW.

I have seen 3 cylinders. I have a road grader with a 3-71 Detroit diesel in it. I can't think of any cars with 3 cyl gas engines in them though. I'm sure there are some. Older John Deere tractors had 2 cylinders, Some motor cycles have 2 cylinders. 16 seems excessive. Alot of moving parts. Never heard of this.

The knowledge I have of cars is 50+ years out of date. I don't keep up on the new hybrids, or preformance cars. Not really one of my interests.

The only reason I even posted was because I was curious what HiTech drove that had 10 cyl and he was willing to load up a bunch of tools in. Can't imagine him doing that to his Dodge Viper;) :D .

Andy1845c said:

I knew V10's existed, but I did not know you could get them in somthing like a Dodge Ram pickup truck. I knew some exotic sports cars had them and the F1 racecars, as Nigel mentioned, used them. I was unaware that you could even get them in a BMW.

I have seen 3 cylinders. I have a road grader with a 3-71 Detroit diesel in it. I can't think of any cars with 3 cyl gas engines in them though.

There have been various cars with three cylinder engines, and there are still some now.

I'm sure there are some. Older John Deere tractors had 2 cylinders, Some motor cycles have 2 cylinders. 16 seems excessive. Alot of moving parts. Never heard of this.

Many motorcycles are only single cylinder, and 16 is reasonably common in really top end high performance cars.

The knowledge I have of cars is 50+ years out of date. I don't keep up on the new hybrids, or preformance cars. Not really one of my interests.

You have to bear in mind that almost nothing is new, just variations on previous designs - large engines and multi-cylinders are very old news, certainly pre-WWII.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You have to bear in mind that almost nothing is new, just variations on previous designs - large engines and multi-cylinders are very old news, certainly pre-WWII.

That is a good point. I am just more familiar with the common 8/6/4 cylinder engines in cars here in the states.

Andy1845c said:
:D .

No jab intended, Andy, just a friendly quiz question to elicit discussion. The question about no cylinders is looking for answers like: Mazda RX8 and similar rotary engined cars have no cylinders, and electric cars (not many around) have no cylinders.

I suppose I shouldn't initiate any more car talk on an electronics board or we will get carried away and talk cars all day.

But before we go, how about a call for the 28-cyl. radials produced for heavy aircraft during WWII? I guess they could have hung more on, but by then they realized the propellor had reached its peak efficiency.

Will someone remind me how this got off topic? What does the number of cylinders in an engine have to do with google getting our hopes up on 4/1?

Marks256 said:
Will someone remind me how this got off topic? What does the number of cylinders in an engine have to do with google getting our hopes up on 4/1?

That would be my fault:eek:

Nothing Marks.

Optikon said:
I got to test drive a modded RACING Viper on a track....
Drool.... drool...

Go click on this website!!!! The Hennessy Venom mod for the Viper is way cool. Everything gets modded. it's one heck of a car after these mods.... and your wallet is about $30k+ emptier too!
https://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/index.php

Andy 1845c -- The Dodge Ram truck also is available in two V10- configurations: V10 Magnum package tailored for hauling/towing (my truck) and the performance V10 Viper motor offered in the SRT/10 model. While the Viper motor produces considerably more hp/tq it's not a good truck to use at the construction site or hauling a 5th wheel RV.

Marks256, who cares if it goes off-topic in the ****-Chat forum!

Marks256, who cares if it goes off-topic in the ****-Chat forum!

I never said that i cared, did i? :)

Marks256 What does the number of cylinders in an engine have to do with google getting our hopes up on 4/1?[/quote said:
More interesting conversation???

Attachments

• 57 chevy.PNG
    57 chevy.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 262
These would be for more interesting conversation;

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads