Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good Electronic Supply's Sites, Everyone Come On In! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve_hi said:
I buy from futurlec the best prices anywhere, takes a longggggggggg time to get the order. In Canada the prices are from 4 to 12 times higher we really get screwed here does any one know a good place here????
You really need to go back to the rest of this thread. There are a lot of places, and many of them are happy to ship to Canada.

https://www.moreleds.com

AKA quickar electronics. I actually got to talk to the owner the first time I ordered, really nice guy. I did not know that the policy is $20 minimum. He just told me to not tell his son about it, or that he took in on a Saturday, lol. I have been ordering from him ever since, close to 300 LED's. He even helped me out and explained how to calculate the current and all. (This was before college). I would highly recommend them.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

Sure Electronics, their customer support is perfect. ;) Good for stocking up on SMD component sets.

As for "local" places to fill for quick-turnaround needs, when I was in Santa Clara, California for a year, I thought Fry's was a decent B&M to get parts without going too far (Yeah, Jameco and JDR were also in driving distance :)). This held true for their Cupertino and San Jose stores. I don't recall checking out their Palo Alto store, and that means I can't say much for their GA, TX, and AZ stores (anyone know? I'm curious... also if it's known or not that Fry's is going to stop selling components.)

Although I do start to get a feeling they're starting to become like RatShack in terms of stocking parts, but they've got a waaaay larger selection last I checked (it's been 6 years...)

Now that I'm in the middle of nowhere I'm stuck with ordering online; though I've recycled parts from dead equipment and haven't had a need to order anything for a while...

... but if only I had an easy way to recycle SMT devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back