Generating Sine wave..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariq7868

Hello,
I want to make Sine wave generator ,, but as one of the many ways of generating sine wave is by 'wave-shaping' using opamp with diodes,, & also using counter,DAC& Filter,,,so which one of the method is better & why? or is there any method better than above ones, basically for Sine wave Invertor?

Thanks

Make a Phase-shift sine-wave generator. The three RC networks can be lowpass to reduce the clipping distortion from the main opamp and a second opamp can amplify and buffer the output.

Thanks for replies. I have tried to design Phase-Shift Sine wave generator of about 60Hz frequency. I have simulated on MultiSim & its producing sine wave alright. Now i am trying to get THD of the signal using the Distortion Analyzer in MultiSim. So i entered value "60Hz" in the fundamental frequency & what value sould i enter for the "Resolution Frequency " ?

And upto what value of THD & signal-Noise-Distortion is it suitable for using the sine wave generator for Power Inverters ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My favorite way of shaping a sine wave is to use an over driven emitter coupled pair. Look at Q5 and Q 6 in this post. Together, they produce a good sine wave from a triangle wave input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…