Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating Sine wave..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariq7868

Hello,
I want to make Sine wave generator ,, but as one of the many ways of generating sine wave is by 'wave-shaping' using opamp with diodes,, & also using counter,DAC& Filter,,,so which one of the method is better & why? or is there any method better than above ones, basically for Sine wave Invertor?

Thanks

Make a Phase-shift sine-wave generator. The three RC networks can be lowpass to reduce the clipping distortion from the main opamp and a second opamp can amplify and buffer the output.

Thanks for replies. I have tried to design Phase-Shift Sine wave generator of about 60Hz frequency. I have simulated on MultiSim & its producing sine wave alright. Now i am trying to get THD of the signal using the Distortion Analyzer in MultiSim. So i entered value "60Hz" in the fundamental frequency & what value sould i enter for the "Resolution Frequency " ?

And upto what value of THD & signal-Noise-Distortion is it suitable for using the sine wave generator for Power Inverters ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My favorite way of shaping a sine wave is to use an over driven emitter coupled pair. Look at Q5 and Q 6 in this post. Together, they produce a good sine wave from a triangle wave input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back