Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

ggpeFQP.jpg

I realize that, but I got a laugh thinking about you taking the time to fix the least important error in the photo.
So you don't understand that a hypotenuse of 6-feet when the two legs are 6-feet is NOT an error? Then what did you find funny about the picture?

If you don’t get the humor, or have a sense of humor, Why do you keep hijacking the funny images thread with critiques? Or its not funny enough or its not an image.

Well, I found it humorous and had a good laugh.

The thought of poor old Pythagoras having a hissy fit because someone had apparently failed to appreciate the implications of his theorem, and as a result he has to be restrained by Stephen Hawking and ?? just appealed to me.

If other don't find it quite so funny, well that is OK, some people are highly amused by stuff which just leaves me thinking "so what?"

JimB

Now it is correct but not funny.
Now you can complain about that.
Or you can ask why I posted a public service announcement in the funny images thread.
Pythagorus is happy.
fixed distancing.jpg

Last edited:
Fixing it is not funny. Somebody considering repairing the least vital error was funny.

Now it is correct but not funny.
Now you can complain about that.
Or you can ask why I posted a public service announcement in the funny images thread.
Pythagorus is happy.
View attachment 128130
Hey Clyde,
Pythagorus may be happy with the numbers now, but the resident pedant might still have a problem with your image....
The intended representative spacing between the rows and columns is still not quite visually and mathematically-correct, or pleasing, as the diagonals are not exactly at 90° to each other, and the choice of color for the 'persons' at each corner of the example picture does not fully represent the societal makeup of any known country, or it's populace.
There are no green people currently walking around on this earth.
Can you please fix your image, so that every-single-aspect is covered, and there can be no further miniscule-dissection of every single point, in this "Funny Images Thread"
Please?
Even if the post ends up not being funny, can we please satisfy this one member?

Thanks........I think?

I have it on good authority that Pythagoras is still a bit out of shape because lots of people cannot spell his name correctly.
So come on guys, get squared up and approach the problem from the right angle.

JimB

Presumably his name should be spelled in Greek?, so it's never going to be right while we're using the modern English alphabet :D

Presumably his name should be spelled in Greek?, so it's never going to be right while we're using the modern English alphabet :D
An excellent point.

Consider a few other examples:

A former leader of China, Mao Tse Tung, is now often referred to as Mao Zedung

The first time I visited Korea, the aircraft landed at an airport called Kimpo,
the second time I visited, the airport had changed its name to Gimpo.

JimB

An excellent point.

Consider a few other examples:

A former leader of China, Mao Tse Tung, is now often referred to as Mao Zedung

The first time I visited Korea, the aircraft landed at an airport called Kimpo,
the second time I visited, the airport had changed its name to Gimpo.

JimB

Port names used to give (and still give) surprises, because of the spelling. China offers lot of examples worsened by the lazy wrong spelling of people unfamiliar with them. Trying to find a port whose name is Zhanjiang could fail miserably just but ignoring the h after Z and that elusive g at the end.

But then it could happen that you sail bound to Tripoli and when you are there, your vessel is berthing in Tarabulus.

Funny world.

I was thinking more of the James Bond film where he jumps over a river in the USA, complete with an American Police Officer in the car - very famous actor, see him in loads of stuff, no idea of his name? :D

EDIT: Had to google it - Clifton James was the actor.

No image here, as this was a radio joke I heard in Winnipeg in June 2012:
Playing football is like having sex.
You score by splitting the uprights and aiming for the tight end.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back