Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Moon Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelec

Presently in BC Canada, we are having a LOT of Forest Fires and Smoke.
The Smoke is NOT VERY PLEASANT.
However this Smoke Made for a Beautiful Full Moon Last Night, so I thought I would share it here.
2818.JPG

Have you seen the new US lunar solar eclipse stamp? That may be a little OT, but it is a neat stamp that changes from an eclipse view to a full moon depending on temp. Eclipse is cool. The conversion temp is in the low 80's °F. It was published to commemorate the total eclipse across the central US in August.

upload_2017-7-9_12-18-59.png

upload_2017-7-9_12-19-52.png

John

Last edited:
Nice image, did you take it. We are having similar fires here in Southern California. Very Hot this weekend~~~

Makes me miss my times working as a wildland FF:)

Have you seen the new US lunar eclipse stamp? That may be a little OT, but it is a neat stamp that changes from an eclipse view to a full moon depending on temp. Eclipse is cool. The conversion temp is in the low 80's °F. It was published to commemorate the total eclipse across the central US in August.

View attachment 106979
View attachment 106980

John
Don't you mean solar eclipse?

Nice image, did you take it. We are having similar fires here in Southern California. Very Hot this weekend~~~

Makes me miss my times working as a wildland FF:)

Yes I Took that Picture Myself, with my Cannon, SX50HS Camera.
At 10:30 PM Pacific Time.
Presently the Province of BC here is under a Declared "Provincial Emergency Situation".
Over 230 Forest fires are Burning Here Now.

If your in rural area, make sure you create a firebreak on your property. This will save your home in the event fire comes close to you. Time to break out shovels and chain saws.
Best of luck to you chem.

If your in rural area, make sure you create a firebreak on your property. This will save your home in the event fire comes close to you. Time to break out shovels and chain saws.
Best of luck to you chem.

Temperatures here are in the 30 to 40 Degree Celsius range (90 to 100 F).
Been this hot for a few weeks now.
Not really Possible for a fire break in this Town of 325 People.

Mountains and DRY Evergreen trees ALL around this town.

Someone started a fire just outside of town Earlier tonight, probably a Cigarette thrown from a vehicle on the highway.
Our local fire department put it out.
Their are STUPID PEOPLE OUT THEIR.

Nickel Plate Road Fire.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back