Frying Arduino Uno boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
for all you yarn handlers out there, here is a picture of my yarn winder that shows the mechanical layout pretty well. The long horizontal metal item in the back is a jack screw with follower. The follower has a yarn guide on it to move the yarn back and forth across the moving yarn spool.

Attachments

• winder Photo.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: DrG
Can I ask how you keep tension in the yarn?

Mike.

To be fair they were doing it 200 years ago, using water wheels etc.

So it's no big deal - and there's plenty of historical sites you can visit, many of which are still operational (in parts).

Mind you, I come from the area where it all started, and am currently sat about 1.5 miles from the original mill that started the Industrial Revolution.

I went cheap. Two rubber bands and two pieces of wooden dowel. One piece held to the other with the rubber bands that set the tension. The dowels are held in a lab stand. I adjust the tension by how tight the rubber bands are wound. Cheap and effective. I am using one sixth hp motors, geared down to 100 rpm. I think they wold pull walls down if I let them so I can wind as tight as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…