Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frying Arduino Uno boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
for all you yarn handlers out there, here is a picture of my yarn winder that shows the mechanical layout pretty well. The long horizontal metal item in the back is a jack screw with follower. The follower has a yarn guide on it to move the yarn back and forth across the moving yarn spool.

Attachments

• winder Photo.jpg
    winder Photo.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: DrG
Can I ask how you keep tension in the yarn?

Mike.

To be fair they were doing it 200 years ago, using water wheels etc. :D

So it's no big deal - and there's plenty of historical sites you can visit, many of which are still operational (in parts).

Mind you, I come from the area where it all started, and am currently sat about 1.5 miles from the original mill that started the Industrial Revolution.

I went cheap. Two rubber bands and two pieces of wooden dowel. One piece held to the other with the rubber bands that set the tension. The dowels are held in a lab stand. I adjust the tension by how tight the rubber bands are wound. Cheap and effective. I am using one sixth hp motors, geared down to 100 rpm. I think they wold pull walls down if I let them so I can wind as tight as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back