Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fruit machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I must have been bored, however being interested in arcade machines as a kid walking round fleetwood pier I decided to build this:

Very good.

As a young fellow in the 1950s, I was fascinated by a slot machine in an arcade in Whitby, North Yorkshire, which had racing cars on a disc which spun around.
I don't know how old the machine was (actually there were several of them and some of them were well worn) but the cars were Bentley, Bugatti etc dating from the late 20s and early 30s.

Thank you for triggering an old memory.

JimB

There was a local scrapyard where I grew up, which was a great source of electronic things or junk as my mum called it. One of my best finds was a pile of discarded fruit machines. Lots of interesting parts including several stepper motors, that ordinarily would have been out with my reach due to their high cost. There were also lots of bulbs micro switches, etc. One of my best ever finds.

Good to see some of you are also interested.

A part of my interest in electronics was spurred on by looking into the workshop at fleetwood pier, I was fascinated by the electronic gizmo's in the back of arcade machines, I wanted to be one of those blokes in white coats, but soon realised allthough theres nothing wrong with it, it wasnt the best paying job, I'd like to do something like that semi retired.

I have been told about the race driving game before, I'm a bit too young to remember that, I was a kid in the 70's, I heard you could make it do some odd things and make loud noises.

There are 5w bulbs in those reels, 3 per reel, I'm not sure I have any procesing power left to handle them, the reels only turn at 120 rpm as it is, maybe I'll play a flashy sequence when all 3 reels are not turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back