Frequency to voltage via timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judd

I'm sure this is very simple, but I am really rather flummoxed. I have a logging dashboard in my car which will output the %age slip between the front and rear wheels as a frequency (from 0 to 1000Hz). I have an ECU in my car which will accept wheel slip as a voltage (0 to 5v) and will then cut the engine to suit (traction control). And I need to prevent the first 2 seconds of this wheel slip output from getting to the ECU - this is so I can launch from a standing start and control my wheel spin with the throttle. I also have a varying input (battery) voltage on the car - about 11 to 13V.

I need to convert the frequency to a voltage, to regulate the input voltage and delay the output by 2 seconds. I have found the LM2917N Frequency to Voltage Convertor. This would appear to be the key to the problem. But, I am totally confused as to what resistor and capacitor to spec. I also got even more confused when I entered the world of timers! The regulator didn't seem too great a problem.

Can anyone help me to define the circuit? I am pretty handy with a soldering iron and can pick most things up quickly. But I really need a quick solution to this problem so I can test it on the car before my race season ends! Plus the weather is going to get worse and traction control will be a huge boost!!

Thanks for any help.

Oliver

reroute the signals so the normally front sensor signal comes from the back sensors also. The system should see 0 slip and thus not react. Just use a toggle switch or timed relay to make the needed change from one signal source to the other.

I doubt the system is smart enough to know if its reading both signal inputs from the same source.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…